What's new

Audio Delay (1 Viewer)

RobertRD

Auditioning
Can someone tell me if I've bought the right receiver? I have a Samsung HD-941 DVD player connected to a Panasonic TH-50PX25 Plasma monitor via HDMI cable. I connected audio out from the dvd player to my old receiver with an optical cable. The audio from the 6 surround speakers did not sync up with the video. I learned that the video signal processing was causing the video delay and bought a Harman Kardon AVR 235 receiver that touted the ability to delay the audio to match the video. I've programmed the receiver to delay the audio by approximately 50ms and it seems to do the trick (again routing an optical cable from the dvd player to the receiver). The receiver will do a maximum of 80ms in the audio delay. Can anyone tell me if this 80ms maximum will be enough? I mean, is it conceivable a dvd might require an adjustment more than 80ms? I have thirty days to return the receiver if I'm not satisfied. Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance. Robert.

Steve Rabbit

Agent
I dont recall offhand the conversion of distance to time, but you cna use the speed of sound (google) to easily convert the units.

but if I do recall correctly, the distance should be rather extreeme at 80 ms. even considering the increase in delay you might need for the tweeters compared to midranges, I think you will find 80 ms to be plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks