What's new

Audio CDs Burned on DVD-RW Not Playing (1 Viewer)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Hello all - long time HTF forum member, first time here.

I have a very frustrating problem: when I burn audio CDs using my computer's DVD-RW drive, other CD players don't recognize the CD. What's odd is that other computers do, and play the CD without a problem.

I've tried using CD-Rs from different manufacturers, as well as using two different programs to burn the CDs. Neither of those changes seemed to help.

The DVD-RW drive is a LITE-ON DVDRW-LH20A1L.

Can anyone help? I used to burn a lot of audio CDs from myself and friends (I like to make mixed collections from my own CDs and MP3s), but that's not an option anymore. If there's another forum online I should try, please point me in the right direction if you can.

Thanks.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
What burn engine (program) are you using? My laptop uses RecordNow and my desktop with a lite-on DVD-RW drive uses Nero.

You might try upgrading your Lite-On drivers or your burn engine, or try a different burn engine altogether and see if your results differ.

Supporting Actor
I've used Winamp and Windows Media Player on this PC, two programs I've used on other PCs with no similar problems occurring.

I do have a basic version of Nero on this PC, but I've never used it before.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
You're sure you are closing/finishing the discs? If you leave them open (more data can be added later) they won't play in audio cd players.

You're sure you're set to burn as an audio cd and not a data cd?

Supporting Actor
I'll do a test CD tomorrow, making sure I'm closing the CD. I also will use a slower burn speed - someone on another board said they had encountered the very same problem, but burning at a slower speed fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks