Attn Ron: LOST IN SPACE up for preorder, & 10 other Fox season sets!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David Lambert, Mar 28, 2003.

1. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Adam,

I said no "BLIND" purchases, meaning no purchases of shows I had no interest in before their DVD releases. That means only The Simpsons, M*A*S*H, Futurama, Family Guy, and King of the Hill will be purchased by me. No NYPD Blue, Lost in Space, or any of that until we at least see one more season of Mary Tyler Moore.

2. Rodney

Rodney Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Did someone mention "Time Tunnel"? That would be too cool!
    I hope that comes to fruition. I loved that show when I was a kid.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Matthew: My apologizes for the misunderstanding.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

With David, with the speed that Paramount is ramping up, I hope Viacom buys Universal so they can put similar spurs to them [​IMG]

6. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

Re: Paramount/Viacom's ownership of TV titles- they also own [​IMG]erry Mason, Get Smart, The Beverly Hillbillies, Gunsmoke, Mission:Impossible, The Brady Bunch and a plethora of other classic TV hits which should be out on dvd already (and I don't mean via Columbia House!)and it's a shame that Paramount wants to concentrate on the newer stuff. BTW- I'm hoping that Fox will go into its vaults and put out its classic 60s series on DVD: Peyton Place, Adventures In Paradise, Batman, Dobie Gillis, Judd For The Defense, Land Of The Giants, Julia, Daniel Boone.

7. Jeff Kleist

I would think that MI will come out with MI3

Batman is not going to happen anytime soon, they want to put it out very badly

8. PaulP

PaulP Producer

9. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Nice recap Dave! Glad to see Futurama: Season 2 already has a release date!

Now all we need is someone to release Tales of the Gold Monkey. [​IMG]

10. Geoffrey_A

Geoffrey_A Second Unit

There's only one show that I'm truly dying to have on DVD, and that's Space: Above and Beyond. It kills me that Dark Angel is making it to DVD yet SAAB is still in limbo. I feel like I'm being teased, the way god teased Mosses in the desert. [​IMG]

11. JiM T

JiM T Stunt Coordinator

Looking forward to "Angel season 2". Hoping "Buffy season 5" isn't far behind!

And please - "The Tick" (animated)!! (That's Fox, right?)

JiM T

12. SteveP

SteveP Second Unit

I became a Titanic scholar as a result of the TIME TUNNEL premiere episode--and still have my complete View Master slides and booklet from that episode!

13. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

14. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I would also purchase Time Tunnel without hesitation

[​IMG]

15. Keith_R

Keith_R Screenwriter

Kyle
    I for one am looking foward to The Shield:Season 2, This has got to be my favorite show on Tv.I'm sad to see no one else has commented on it becase it is an excellent show if you like police dramas.Looks like they are pushing it out sooner than the first set too, putting it out in October rather than January.The season 1 set was pretty good, I wonder what they might do with the Season 2 set. Thanks for the info

16. Jeff Kleist

Peter said "not this year" for Space: Above and Beyond some I'm hoping that means that 2004 is the "Year of Sci-Fi Murdered by Sports and Barry "The Killer" Diller" [​IMG]

SAAB, Alien Nation, Earth 2, and Firefly (only Firefly is known to be being worked on)

17. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

No, Jeff, "The (animated) Tick" was produced by Fox television: IMDB Company information Nelvana didn't have a thing to do with it.

Amazon lists the video as coming from Buena Vista, though - this is probably because it was produced under the "Fox Kids" banner, parts of which along with the Fox Family channel was sold to BV.

18. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Yes, just like the Hulk, Spider-Man and X-Man fox cartoons are being released on Buena Vista on home video.

I can't see Disney releasing The Tick - it's not really their style (although I would have said the same thing about Marvel superheroes. It's amazing with a movie tie-in can do)

19. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I'd guess that they're waiting to issue Millennium when they run out of X-Files to keep the Carter flow going.+

20. Paul Lawrence

Paul Lawrence Auditioning

Bummer about Space: Above & Beyond. Its only one season. Lets face it Fox won't put any major effort into the set but they could give us a few extras. I'm sure James Wong and Glen Morgan would be happy to do at least a commentary on the pilot and as Kristen Cloke (hubba hubba!) is married to GM I'm sure she'd be in to. And if they could stretch their budget maybe even a few other cast members.

Would it really cost so much? It wouldn't have to be a huuuuuuuuge run but there are plenty of fans who would buy the show I'm sure. Of course a 30 mins (at least) documentary with the main cast would be groovy too.