What's new

Attn Ron: LOST IN SPACE up for preorder, & 10 other Fox season sets! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll start by saying that anyone looking for Simpsons info, move along. Sorry. :frowning:

But, there are a LOT of cool items in this list...

First, for Mr. Ronald Epstein (sorry it's next year, guy):

01/13/04...Lost In Space: Season 1

Second, my thanks to Matthew Furtek for his HTF post about these:

09/02/03...Futurama: Vol. 2

09/09/03...Family Guy: Vol. 2

Next, thanks to Will_B for his HTF post, even though I don't know if he got one of our e-mails or found it on Amazon himself:

09/02/03...24: Season 2

Finally, here are the rest of the Fox box sets for TV shows that appeared on Amazon today (thanks to Joshua Lane for the heads up he sent to Gord!):

08/19/03...NYPD Blue: Season 2

08/19/03...Angel: Season 2

10/07/03...The Shield: Season 2

10/21/03...Dark Angel: Season 2

11/04/03...The X-Files: Season 8

11/11/03...King of the Hill: Season 2

12/09/03...M*A*S*H: Season 5

There's no details other than dates, list prices, and a link to Amazon (which is whose info we're using for the dates and prices!). I'm excited about all of these...great stuff.

Fox has done VERY WELL with getting these set up for quick subsequent releases. There are a few glaring ommissions here, notably Simpsons, Time Tunnel, Malcolm In The Middle, and perhaps another Buffy. I guess its no surprise that Mary Tyler Moore Show is missing, given Fox's statements about lack of sales on S1. Still, I wish it were included.

But there is no arguing with the goodness here...11 great TV titles, primed and ready to go!

Kids, thank your Fox... [rant]THANKS, FOX![/rant]

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Fox has done VERY WELL with getting these set up for quick subsequent releases
Well it is not so quick compared to Paramounts release schedule for the Trek sets. I was hoping NYPD Blue might be released a bit faster than twice a year.

Adam T

Agent
For the last 3 years, FOX has released some great DVD's . But I'm waiting to see MillenniuM: The Complete First Season on that list.

John Simon

Second Unit
Unfortunately, it looks like Fox hasn't come to their senses and realized that a lot less people are going to be willing to shell out over $100 for the last two seasons of The X-Files. :frowning:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now that it is out in the open....

I had confirmed with Fox Home Video about
a month ago that Lost In Space was being
put together for 2004.

It was supposed to be out this year, but there
are still some legal issues that need to be
cleared up.

I hope Fox puts out all three seasons. The
worst that can happen is that the first season
doesn't sell, thus prompting the studio not to
release the next two.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I will not be making any blind purchases of Fox TV shows unless I see more Mary Tyler Moore Show seasons.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, it looks like Fox hasn't come to their senses and realized that a lot less people are going to be willing to shell out over $100 for the last two seasons of The X-Files.
It has nothing to do with waking up. It has to do with royalties that must be paid. Why do you think Trek is so expensive? Like X-Files there are MAJOR mouths to feed.

X-Files- probably close to $30/set is going to Carter, Duchovny and Anderson, plus an extra 10 for everyone else
That's BEFORE production costs, BEFORE manufacturing, and BEFORE retailer's black end (manufacturing and authoring on a 6-disc set along is probably around $10-15). Therefore, with an estimated wholesale price somewhere in the $80 range, close to $50 of that is chewed up before it even hits the shelf. Add in shipping and advertsing, and I bet Fox is lucky if they keep $15 a unit

Same goes with Paramount and Trek, Majel Roddenberry and the entire crew have fat residual packagages, plus Berman.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
LOST IN SPACE.....great news....now if we could get season one of
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA as a set that would be great...

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Thank you Fox, for two seasons of King of the Hill in a single year! Now just throw the next season of Malcolm in the Middle into the mix, and it'll be perfect!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I will not be making any blind purchases of Fox TV shows unless I see more Mary Tyler Moore Show seasons.
If you dig a show, buy it. The only thing boycotting all Fox TV releases could possibly do is show is that there's less of a market for TV on DVD than Fox anticipated. It would only serve to kill off other border-line releases chances, while doing absolutely nothing to further MTM's cause.

Personally, I'm still waiting for the Malcolm press release. Of those David posted, I'll probably get Volume 2 of Futurama as I'm enjoying the first one now, and maybe Season 2 of Dark Angel, if the price is right.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Fox is dealing more within the range of 9 or 10 series a year, many with multiple releases. So it's very comparable
That was their pattern with the X-Files before the recent rush to spit out TV shows on DVD. Was Fox simply not capable of producing more than 2 seasons per year?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
X-Files was the first, a test market of the full season set format. Therefore they didn't want to commit too many resources on something that was iffy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that X-Files if iffy now. Or does Fox still think that it is a risk. IMHO I think that they could have sped up releases recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks