What's new

ATTN ALL: King Kong Box Set With Collector's Tin, Son Of Kong, & Mighty Joe Young!!! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I noticed the 1976 KK shows up on BestBuy with a release date of 11/22/05. I presume this is just a repackaging of the previous release and is attempting to capitalize on the release of the original and the new movie.

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
well i do have the HMV exclusive double feature which is King Kong 1976/King Kong Lives.and i'll make sure to pick this BB exclusive too.

BTW, does anyone have any BB discount codes?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Got it.

They may be bad enough to be deliciously bad. I haven't seen them in ages and I should add, that's my opinion and not meant to say that someone else wouldn't think they are good movies.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just wanted to add that I am having a really, really, really hard time waiting for Tuesday. I don't remember anticipating a DVD like this one.

Maybe the first time Alien was released to DVD was close.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Vincent-P, thanks for letting us know about this exclusive edition, I did wonder why there was no complete set, now this makes sense. This is what I will be buying.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
BB has this for $33.99. Target has the tin alone for just under $30. BB works out to $8.50 per disc (plus fun stuff)!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up 2 sets at Best Buy here in NY (one as a gift for my cousin).

Talk about a store not knowing its product...you would think they would have a display for these in the store or at least put them in the new release section!!!! I had to ask where the sets were...they just put 3 boxsets in the drama section under the letter K. They had to re-fill the shelf space twice while I was there!!

Besides Son of Kong & Mighty Joe Young, the boxset also has 5 extra movie sheet postcards exclusive to the set.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I posted this in the other Kong thread, but let me add it here. BTW I only saw 4 copies in my BB, on the New Releases table. There might have been more, but I was distracted by playing Call of Duty on the Xbox 360!;)

I just got back from Best Buy with my BB set containing the tin, Son of Kong & Mighty Joe Young. Great value, and a nice way to keep them all together. BB really hit a home run with this one!

However, as regards the collector's tin - those of us who have previously bought Anchor Bay's tins know that if you put a rectangular booklet with square corners into a rounded tin, you can get bent corners on the contents.

Although nothing to cry about, my poster reproductions had some slightly smooshed corners, and the digipak itself has a worn corner in the bottom left. This corresponds with the seam of the tin. If you store the tin vertically you might want to watch out.

Again, I'm not losing sleep over this, but those of you who are fussy (you know who you are! ) consider yourself warned.

Thommy...M

Stunt Coordinator
The best valued DVD ever released!

Three cheers for Vincent-P (and three hundred cheers for Best Buy).

For months I was debating which set to buy. Thanks to this trememndous offer from Best Buy (and thanks to Vincent-P for the heads up) the question of what to buy is a no-brainer.

I picked it up this morning (not even on the shelf, the guy had to go in the back and bring some sets out) and it is the best value DVD ever. Three classic films packed together with extra goodies for $33.99 -- no better deal I've ever come across.

Best Buy really did a fantastic job. Now they should advertise it (or move Vincent-P to the marketing department).

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Thats what it means Jeffrey, and thats why i just bought the collectors boxset, and not the tin. I did have to go to about 4 places just to find the thing. No on has as much stock on Kong as my Best Buy. They had about 30 or 40 of the tin sets in front of the store. But they dont have any other option. I ended up finding 1 copy of the Kong box at CC. No Kong at Target, and Wal-Mart just had the 2 disc release, nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks