What's new

Attention Washingtonians (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
A message from Comcast showed up on my cable box today!!!

KING 5 is now available in HD!!!

Channel 105

Merry Christmas!

And after doing more research over on the AVSFORUM, I also found out this: (thanks to Jeremyfr)

KCPQ, KONG, KTWB all launch tomorow in High Def on Comcast Cable in Western Washington.

The full lineup will be as follows

KOMO HD 104
KING HD 105
KONG HD 106
KCTS HD 108
KCPQ HD 113
KTWB HD 114
ESPN HD 173
HBO HD 549
SHO HD 574
INHD 1 664
INHD 2 665

DaveSp

Agent
How often does ESPN-HD actually broadcast in 1080i? The stretched 480 looks too abnormal.

Dave

DaveSp

Agent
To answer my own question. You can go to http://msn.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html and comment on thier presentation. This is their response:

Thank you for your e-mail. We have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel for ESPN HD.

Currently, ESPN HD is a simulcast service of ESPN. Until ESPN HD is a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week network of original 16:9 high definition programming, we are converting and stretching the 4:3 programming not originally produced in 16:9 to fit the format. We are doing this for consistency and to protect the integrity of our various feature components, such as our BottomLine and 28/58 news inserts, and various studio updates that will continue to be produced in 4:3 until the ESPN Digital Center opens next year, even during events produced in 16:9.

Sincerely,
ESPN Viewer Response

Dave

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
Just made some updates to the above post, also everyone in Snohomish County (except Edmonds) should now have Video On Demand. All HD box's were updated to firmware 7.07 this last week enabling both the DVI and Firewire ports on the boxs. And lastly if you have high speed internet by Comcast and you haven't reset your modem lately you're gonna want to as Comcast launched the new 3.0mpbs speeds this week but to get it you have to reset your modem by unplugging it from the power for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Both KSTW (UPN 11) & KIRO (CBS 7), are owned by the same folks, so I'm guessing that if they ever get on Comcast, it'll be at the same time (like with KONG and KING).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks