What's new

Atlas Shrugged Pt. 1 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
In a kind of stunning thing for a film that wasn't a box office success, Part II is filming right now and is scheduled for an October release.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Can't wait for Francisco's Money speech, actually I like that even more than Galt's big speech. Also Galt's description of the downfall of the 20th century Motor Co, which perfectly describes why collectivism is so bad.
So, pt. 1 was not great, but it was great that it was made, and even more so that pt. 2 is coming. I enjoyed watching it nevertheless, if only to see how certain elements of the book were translated to film.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Mikael Soderholm /t/308775/atlas-shrugged-pt-1#post_3917484
Can't wait for Francisco's Money speech, actually I like that even more than Galt's big speech. Also Galt's description of the downfall of the 20th century Motor Co, which perfectly describes why collectivism is so bad.
So, pt. 1 was not great, but it was great that it was made, and even more so that pt. 2 is coming. I enjoyed watching it nevertheless, if only to see how certain elements of the book were translated to film.
I will admint, Francisco's money speech is one of those moments for those that buy the philosophy is one of those things people who buy the philosophy will openly cheer if it's done well. It has a great rhythm to it and delivered right - and I've seen it done more then a few times - it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.