What's new

Atkins diet experience (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I also think that having a more "realistic" goal weight is a lot easier to maintain. I started at 235 and wanted to get to 185. I could have done it, but when I reached 190, it was EXTREMELY tough for me to maintain it. I could see where my frustrations would throw me off the diet and I'd gain a lot back, so I recalculated my goal weight to a more "manageable" number.
I surpassed my original goal by 5 pounds to give myself a buffer zone.
I reset my goal weight to 200 and I'm maintaining 195. The nice thing is, I know (through hard work) that I can lose more weight, so I stick with the 195 because it's a bit easier. Also, I realized I was still happy with 200, so instead of setting my goal weight at 195, I set it 5 pounds higher, this way, if I gain a few pounds, I'm still under my goal and it won't discourage me....making it easier to lose the weight I just gained. The nice thing with a "low-carb" diet, is it's easy to lose the weight you've 'regained' by going back to your strict eating habits.

The downfall with low-fat diets is, once you go off, it's so hard to re-give up the fatty foods. With low-carb, it seems much easier to give up the carbs after you've "cheated". I guess that's because (for me) the sugars affect my body worse than fat does (i.e. I am more hypoglycemic than unhealthy)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
man, the weight is sure coming off a lot slower this time around. :frowning:

What amazes me is the variety of low carb products on the market now vs. a year ago. You can get low carb ketchup from heinz, low carb BBQ from kraft and carb options, low carb chocolate milk (quite tasty too, 1g per cup) It's really amazing and makes things a LOT easier.

I'm going crazy today for the superbowl, fritos and chili/cheese dip

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What amazes me is the variety of low carb products on the market now vs. a year ago.
Now that I've gotten used to this stuff, I fear that these companies are just jumping on the bandwagon (while it's a fad) and all of the 'low-carb' products will disappear within the next year. :frowning:

They already pulled the "Edge" chips from my supermarket and the hot buffet (at my local grocery store) stopped putting out low-carb items. :frowning:

GabrielleG

Stunt Coordinator
The low carb products are a bit tempting aren't they? I especially had to laugh when I saw the LC Oreo's. The problem with the low carb junk foods is people really start to belive that calories don't count. They totally do count, even if you are a low carber. A low carb diet does allow us to eat more calories then say someone on a low fat diet but not that much more. These products still often have a lot of calories and therefore could stall weight loss. The only ones I use are the Carb Options Sauces, The hood low carb milk and the Dreamfields pasta(about 1 or 2x a month). I don't really trust the rest.

Gabrielle

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Now that I've gotten used to this stuff, I fear that these companies are just jumping on the bandwagon (while it's a fad) and all of the 'low-carb' products will disappear within the next year.
Yeah, me too. I guess worst case you can buy the atkin's stuff, which isn't as good as some of the others. Most of the carb solutions stuff I find is pretty good, but I avoid the sweets and ice cream because it upsets my stomach or gives me gas

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks