What's new

ATI AT1505 amp + Denon AVR-1803 as pre-amp = ? (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Do you think ATI AT1505 amp will work well with the Denon AVR-1803 as a pre-amp? I have the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers.

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
I would use a Parasound or B&K amp. They are both a bit warmer, and will take some of the top end brightness out of the Klipsch. You could also look into the Harman Kardon 2.1 amp used. They are going for around $450.00. I used this amp with some Klipsch KSF 8.5, and it sounded great.

Russ Dunn

Grip
Yes, I am wondering how you could use the 1803 as a Pre with no Pre-Outs??

Maybe Haris just assumed they had them like the 1802 does. Or is there a way to do this?

I'm actually a little sad at the moment... I just found out that the 1802 is a better sounding unit than the 1803... found by some users on this forum doing some tests.

& too think I had the 1802 for 2 weeks and decided to take it back and wait 2 weeks for the 1803... because the remote sucked so bad, and the 2nd Zone that I have yet to use.

I do still think the 1803 is a great receiver though.

Russ

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Russ,
Yes it's too bad Denon eliminated the front three preouts on the new model. They are very handy. However I wouldn't worry about your 1803. Denon makes quality gear, and I doubt in the long run it sounds very different from the old one. People are just used to what they have, and if it sounds a bit different, that's not necessarily bad.

Russ Dunn

Grip
Thanks for the assurance. I think that lasted about 10 minutes.
Actually when I walked into my front room and saw my Divas and Denon together... ahhhhhhhh...... after 2 months I'm still exstatic over MY system.
Sometimes I think I'd like to just hear what my Divas would sound like being pumped by a Parasound setup, or something in that ball park... but why go there? It would be fun though. No it wouldn't! yes it would. No. yes. no...
see what I mean ;)
Take Care,
Russ

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I didn't know you had Divas. For some reason the Divas and Denon seem to be made for each other. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks