What's new

ATI All-in-Wonder 128 vs. Radeon (1 Viewer)

KeithO

Auditioning
Ok, my system is going to be used for Video recording (off of digital cable), ripping, encoding, etc. NO Gaming at all. Is there any point in taking a Radeon All-in-Wonder (about $160) over the older 128 All-in-Wonder (about $106 oem)? Basically is there any difference in the quality of the TV input and output?
Or would it be better to get a basic Radeon VE and then get a separate tv tuner daughter card of some sort? I'm trying to keep expenditure to a minimum, while maximizing the video quality (mostly on the recording side). I'd like to be able to record shows and get at least VHS quality. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Keith

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
you should get the Radeon as it has a better MPEG2 unit in it, also it runs faster. And the fact that ATi is well known to dump a product after a new one comes out, that is until the Radeon family which they are supposed to start making unified drivers for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks