What's new

Aswang - B movie horror fun (1 Viewer)

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
With current releases like Cabin Fever & House of 1,000 Corpses going after the "70s" feel, here's a fun little independent horror film from 1994 that actually delivers on some good chills and laughs and easily fits into the same camp. Based on a Philipino vampire legend about vampires sucking the blood out of unborn children, this was a surprisingly entertaining low budget flick. Just recently released by a company called Mondo Macabre, I found it yesterday at Best Buy. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a fun, nasty thrill.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I was considering this, I love horror movies, and the stranger the better.
I might take a look around for it...
Is the disk good quality?

JayF

Stunt Coordinator
The film is a little grainy in places, but considering how low budget this was I don't think it's terrible. There are a few places where the audio drops, but again, given the source I think they did a pretty good job.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
I had this on day 1. some of the early un-rated discs ended up with the r rated label. if the wrist sucking scene and both commentaries are there....then it's un-rated. I contacted mondo HQ that same day to see what was up. label screw up is what I was told. the original stories about the Aswang creature are very cool....if you look up the folklore.

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought this a few days ago, but have not yet watched it. Mondo Macabro is an interesting little company. Aswang is their third U.S. release, following Alucarda and The Diabolical Doctor Z. I can hardly wait for their next release, The Living Corpse, a Pakistani vampire film from the sixties!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks