What's new

Assistance requested in getting into DLP's (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
My partner and I are thinking of for 2006 finally getting a projector for movie viewing instead of the fifty two inch HD that we presently have.

Any tips on where to start and what to get? I am sure that there are some grand pros on here that can set us in the right direction!

John S

Senior HTF Member
Figure out Budget, room dimensions, screen size, screen and projector positioning, and then start looking at products.

You have LCD as well as DLP to choose from. I just bought an Infocus LCD HD projector with a free screen for cheap and the misses and I both love the thing.

So the change may not cost as much as you think.

Higher Lumens are better for living rooms, high contrast ratio is best for dark theater rooms.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
John...I appreciate the help. We were looking at the InFocus and wondering how it was. Nice to hear that you are happy with it.

Tell me more if you can think of anything to help me out.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Infocus gives you 30 days to love or hate a product, so very little risk involved there.

I was almost lucky that my low budget narrowed the potential products down to like two. A $2K budget adds several more possibilities and would have made the choice much harder for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks