What's new

Assistance needed for small home theater setup (1 Viewer)

mcook76

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hi all, just joined the forum after reading for quite a while. I was hoping I could get some assistance with an issue I have with my home theater setup. I already have a complete setup on another floor, but most of the time is spent in the living room and I find myself wanting to add a DVD/Receiver/5.1 setup to the TV above the fireplace. The only problem is....my TV is mounted above the fireplace and there are windows on each side. I can run any wires in the crawlspace under the floor, but I can't have a large rack of equipment sitting out. The mantle is also not very deep, maybe 5".

I know someone has run into this problem before and I thought the best place to ask was here. I've attached pictures for reference.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Are you asking us where to put an A/V rack for the equipment? It's impossible to see from the pics. Another option is to use a soundbar and run it off the TV.

mcook76

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Yes, more or less. I guess I would have to put a rack somewhere. I just didn't want it out in the open.

Are there any suggestions for a furniture looking cabinet for AV equipment? Something that's kind of tall and narrow as opposed to short and wide.

Real Name
Steve
We would most likely need more pictures of the rest of that area. I don't see how you could put a proper receiver near the fireplace. The corner behind the tree does not seem large enough due to the window.

As far as speakers, you have plenty of room above the TV and windows to mount decent speakers for left right and center.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks