What's new

Asrock wants to change the HTPC Game.. (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Matt:

That video is on the 100HT-BD and not the Vision 3D. Isn't the Vision 3D a different model with other features like the slot load DVD player, etc.?

I'm not sure I understand on the second part.

I didn't know if you had a model number on that unit or not.

I updated my version TMT to deal with the issues it had with Avatar and nothing happened to my HD DVD playback. All is still well as far as they are concerned. The only issue is with audio playback of DTS which I am sure is work of a video card problem than software as it has worked that way since day one.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Patrick: Product is the same, it's just that Intel hasn't certified it's 3D Driver space. Notes on Asrock's website:

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=Core%20100HT-BD

Big pros:

THX Certified

For Sam :) : Direct Connect with Apple iPhone including apps for remote connection and using it as a mouse

Apple Compliant Fast Charge ports for charging an iPhone... also fully iPad compliant

Low power usage..

I will have the BD version on Thursday, just got the shipment notice. I'll use it in the bedroom so I'll try to get some thoughts ;)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs

They should really include a tuner, and what happened to the sexy aluminum case? I need sexy case.

They'll ship that version; I tend to prefer the brushed black. But I know some people love them some silver. It just doesn't match with anything anywhere I have so I'm cool.. Since I've got an HDHomeRun (Network Tuner) I'm set for a tuner, and I should have a cablecard SiliconDust within the next 60 days.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It just got here about an hour ago. I'm installing Home Premium right now. I'll try to get something together in a bit, I'll have to put some tweaks and link it to my WHS first. But it is a lot smaller then it seems. Really small in comparison to what I was expecting.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh no *laugh* I mean, when I set it up after I get Windows all on it, I've got to run the WHS connector so it starts seeing the TV recordings from my Media Center in the living room and then connect it to my Video storage on the WHS.. and since my WHS controls all my archvies for MyTV & Media Browser.

I started it doing a Home Premium Install, had to go back to work for a problem but once I get it done, I'll definitely start uploading pictures here.. :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
When you go to their website you can get information on the Vision 3D with options for an i3 or i5 chipset. No one online has it for sale though. The latest they

have is the 330HT. Any idea on when and where the Vision 3D will be available?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
No idea. I've played with the 330HT, but I've been on the waiting list for the 3D version for MONTHS. The 330HT isn't the right concept, really.. not with the AMD Zotac about to drop...

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Typo on my part. I meant the AMD Zacate.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3933/amds-zacate-apu-performance-update

As a chip, you get performance about at an i5-520, it can run near silent because it's 18W, full Bluray3D hardware decoder built onboard, 10bit deep color output, HD bitstream passthrough HDMI...

How good?

At 18W, here you have it decoding 1080P video while running two other applications (including SuperPi) with no stutter:

Imagine this as the kind of thing that makes for a super quiet, low power HTPC that stomps all over it's market competitors. A potential real game changer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks