What's new

As promised...Z2 Photos (1 Viewer)

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
This is the deal...

I must have been drunk when taking these photos because they lean a little to the left. I'll take some more this weekend and replace the ones here.

Setup:

110"D screen
Samsung DVD @ 720p
Samsung DirecTV reciever @ 480i (SAT)
Olympus C4000

I still haven't found the right setting for my camera. I will try different things this weekend. The smallest pic I can take is 2288x1712, so I had to resize them to 802x600.. I also had a floor lamp on I took these (trying to get a good picture). I also had ambient light in the room, due the the fact that I took them 7:00am today. With all said and done, they didn't turn out that bad. Like I said, I will try to get a better representation of what it really looks like as soon as I can.

WB Header

2 Fast 2 Furious

DVE 2003 HD content

DVE 2003 HD content

Amped 2 -Xbox 720p

Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo

The Hulk

The Hulk

These are from NTSC TV 480i

BloodWork

CNN

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The pics look great. I just love to see other members screen shots. I personally have to get a digital camera again so I can take good shots again.

great job. You should also post a link to the full size sceen shots as well.

Jeff Welborn

Auditioning
preeeeeeetttttyyyyy.

That closeup of Hulk looks a little too saturated. It's probably just the camera though.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
DuWayne:

So loading all the images doesn't slow the thread down I have changed your listing to links to your pictures.

Parker

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
For taking screen shots what I find works best is to turn off all the lights then set your camera to a night mode and then use a tripod and set a timer so there's no camera movement when it fires.

Scott*B

Stunt Coordinator
Might be a dumb question but why is the 4:3 material you listed stretched? What was the source for those? I thought the Z2 was a LCD display so no fear of burn-in. Can't you display 4:3 natively without stretching it? That was one of my main reasons for looking at upgrading my 65" Mitsu 65313 to a FP was the ability to watch 16x9 and DVD's in their native aspect ratio and 4:3 SD stuff in it's native aspect ratio

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
umm...because I have it set to "Full".? Majority of my vewing is native 16:9 (including my XBOX), and most of my SAT feed (which is what the source was) I took pics of 4:3 in 16:9 to show pulldown. You can switch to "True" and it will auto format between 16:9 and 4:3.

Note; DVI input is "Ture" only.

Scott*B

Stunt Coordinator
What's the advantage of showing the 4:3 stuff stretched to FULL? I'm just curious because I'm looking seriously at buying one of these mainly because I can't afford a LCD RPTV and I'm tired of watching my SD stretched.

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
Bra....its all personal preference. Don't worry, you don't HAVE to watch it in "Full" mode. Some people (like me) have no problems taking advantage of pulldown. To tell you the truth after a few days, you don't even notice it...at all.

In your case, "Normal" mode will do you justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks