What's new

Arrow (season 2) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am still trying to figure out how the Queen's lost all of their money. I understand they lost control of the company. But, the family would still have personal fortune and stock ownership.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
I am still trying to figure out how the Queen's lost all of their money. I understand they lost control of the company. But, the family would still have personal fortune and stock ownership.
That really didn't track with me either. The gist was that the Queen family's assets were all tied up in the company, and Isabel Rochev drastically diluted the value of Queen Consolidated stock by flooding the market with new shares. I could see how that would cost the Queens their majority stake in the company, but I don't see how it would bankrupt them. Either they'd find buyers for all of that new stock, and the value of the Queen family's shares would remain high, or they wouldn't and the rest of the investors that Queen Consolidated relies on would revolt.It seemed like a bit of handwaving to put Oliver, Moira and Thea in an artificially dire situation.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I got very angry with the writing early on: there's Diggle trying to fight Glau's character. It's just so pointless trying any kind of fight skills with these "mutants." Of course, I know it was a set-up for what happened with Felicity, but it still makes no sense. What would make sense if outfitting everyone on Team Arrow with those explosive arrows. They don't kill, but at least they slow them down.

I think it's very clear Sara will get hers in the season finale.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I think it's very clear Sara will get hers in the season finale.
You may be correct. I was on the edge of my seat with every scene featuring Sara in this episode, anticipating the worst. Considering Moira's fate this season, I'm not sure who is "safe" on this show beyond Oliver and (probably) Thea, at least with regards to long term survival on the show.

- Walter.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My wife pointed out that in the preview for next week, after the words "Or Be Killed" the camera cut right to
Sara.

I hope that doesn't happen, but seeing as Katie Cassidy gave an interview basically saying she's
going to be Black Canary....

http://www.blastr.com/2014-5-6/arrows-katie-cassidy-eventually-becoming-hero-s2s-shocking-finale

I also think there's a possibility
that in return for Nyssa's help in rescuing the city, Sara will have to agree to return with her to the League of Assassins. Either way, we lose if Caity Lotz isn't on the show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Arrow" spin-off "The Flash" officially ordered to seriesDanielle Panabaker and Carlos Valdes, who played STAR Labs technicians Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon a few episodes back on "Arrow", will reprise their roles as series regulars for the spin-off. Grant Gustin reprises his character in the title role. Jesse L. Martin (the original "Law & Order", Rent), Rick Cosnett ("The Vampire Diaries"), Candice Patton ("The Game"), Tom Cavanagh ("Ed") and John Wesley Shipp (the 90s "The Flash") round out the rest of the cast. Michelle Harrison ("Emily Owens, MD", "Continuum") will recur as Barry Allen's deceased mother Nora.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I very much enjoyed the finale. Some great moments, with just enough left unresolved to make us come back but not leaving us feeling cheated. I don't want to say more for fear of spoiling our west coast friends.

That said, Starling City has to be the worst place in the world to live. It's averaging a major disaster every year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed that finale. Much like with "The Walking Dead", shows have gone so far in the direction of killing off major characters that it's almost more surprising to have a finale without a slew of major deaths. We didn't see Detective Lance flatline, so I'm hoping he pulls through in the season premiere.I also thought they finally realized the potential of the show's parallel storytelling in a fantastic way with tonight's finale. The final confrontation was nothing spectacular in terms of the choreography of the fight, but the way the show crosscut between their confrontation then and their confrontation now really upped the emotional stakes, as two storylines we've been following all season reached their crescendo at the same moment. It made both sequences way more special than they'd have been on their own.And while the reveal of where Oliver learned to fly feels like a bit of a retcon, I really enjoy the way they use the flashbacks to peel back the layers of the onion that is Oliver's past. In a strange way, the show is almost more liberated in the flashbacks -- where they can tell just about any kind of story -- than in the present, where the show really does sort of adhere to the format of a classic comic book story, with one city as a base of operations and a fairly static cast of supporting characters.I also really like where they're taking Thea's character. From the moment in the pilot where Oliver called her Speedy, I felt like that was a promise to the audience, that by the end of the show she's going to be part of Team Arrow. But up until now I didn't see how they were going to get her from there to here. And frankly, having her go through supervillain training is the most interesting and unconventional way for her to develop the kind of skill set one needs to play in the Arrow's world. I hope they take her character to some really dark, haunted places before they start her redemptive arc. In order to forgive Oliver, she needs to understand him. And that means doing some awful things of her own.I also like that Diggle's world got grounded a bit with his ex-wife being pregnant with his child. Their son or daughter is going to be a very fearsome individual.I knew exactly where they were going with the scene in the mansion, but I have to bet that there were a lot of Oliver/Felicity shippers out there who felt like the show played a very cruel trick on them. And while I understand why Oliver didn't tell Felicity, it was still a pretty cruel thing for him to do to her, knowing how she feels about him.I did have to laugh that Oliver's so broke that he needs to get a day job yet can apparently afford to fly across the globe in a private plane.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Nice head fake for us Oliver / Felicity 'shippers. I didn't pick up on the trap being set by Oliver, but I was fairly certain that there was more to the scene than what was being presented. It felt too good to be true.

I would agree with just about everything in Adam's post and would add that the choices that Oliver made previously (arrow instead of cure) and currently (imprisonment vs. death) really reinforced his speech to Slade about becoming a hero, and what Oliver was vs. what he was attempting to become. The arrow to the eye was pretty vicious, BTW.

I was very happy to see Sara make it out of the episode in one piece; hopefully she will return to the series from time to time.

Solid finale with just the right amount of resolution with plenty of potential for season three. Curious to see where season three goes during Oliver's time prior to returning to Starling City.

- Walter.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The only problem I had with the episode was the capture of Laurel. Not the idea, but the actual editing.

We go from a fight in the police station, with Detective Lance flying across the room and one of the henchmen approaching Laurel. Then cut to commercial. (typical break).

Come back from the commercial, and Detective Lance is in the office building talking to Felicity. I actually felt like there was a missing reel, or the segments were shown out of order. Then it was a couple of scenes before Detective Lance reveals that Laurel was taken.

It was just poor film-making IMO.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just glad Spartacus folk were part of this show. The Waller tie-in to Oliver's "rescue" makes you raise an eyebrow. I can't remember how they behaved towards one another in their initially shown interaction on the show, though.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
David Weicker said:
The only problem I had with the episode was the capture of Laurel. Not the idea, but the actual editing.We go from a fight in the police station, with Detective Lance flying across the room and one of the henchmen approaching Laurel. Then cut to commercial. (typical break).Come back from the commercial, and Detective Lance is in the office building talking to Felicity. I actually felt like there was a missing reel, or the segments were shown out of order. Then it was a couple of scenes before Detective Lance reveals that Laurel was taken.It was just poor film-making IMO.
I had the exact same reaction with that. I was like "WTF?" and actually had to rewind and rewatch to see if I missed something. Great episode. I agree that the culmination of intercutting between the two fights between Oliver and Slade was well done.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched the finale - there seemed to be a few plot holes, but overall it was well done.

One thing that seemed weird was Thea finding Roy's bow and arrows and then leaving him because she couldn't trust him. If his arrows were there, what does she think he is doing? We know he got the cure arrows and such, but it would have made more sense for her to assume that he had dropped that.

I also wonder who goes to the island to check in the ARGUS hole and make sure that Slade is fed? Or is that done remotely?

With Summer Glau's character dead and Slade gone, just who has control of Queen Enterprises right now anyway? Why couldn't Oliver convince the board to let him back in?

For that matter, it will be interesting to see who takes the political reigns of Starling City.

And the flashback scene in Hong Kong reveals he didn't spend all 5 years on the island. Just another lie ...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
NeilO said:
And the flashback scene in Hong Kong reveals he didn't spend all 5 years on the island. Just another lie ...
We know he started on the island and ended those five years on the island, but everything else that we haven't seen in flashbacks is up for grabs.The producers have said that the flasbacks will be a crucial storytelling device throughout the series, and that the last flashback in the series finale will be the opening scene of the pilot, with Oliver being rescued.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Keeping it in the DC family, TVLine reports that former Superman Brandon Routh will recur in the third season of "Arrow" as Ray Palmer, a brilliant inventor and entrepreneur who snatches up Queen Consolidated in the aftermath of the events of the second season finale and tasks the company's Applied Sciences Division with a project shrouded in atomic mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks