What's new

Arrested Development: Season Finale - 6/6/04 (1 Viewer)

hanson mat

Stunt Coordinator
i've loved this show since it's premiere, but thanks to all the Atkins lines, I now love it on a whole other level.

It's about time comedy writers caught onto all the untapped jokes hidden within our Atkins-obsessed society.

The rest of the episode kicked ass, too.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really loved how they played off of alot of the gags in the pilot, too, with reversals.

George Oscar escaping prison vs. entering prison

Anyong falling for Maeby when she's trying to get George Michael jealous vs. George Michael falling for Maeby when she's trying to get her mom jealous.

Michael trying to flee the family again.

etc.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Reply not found.

:)

Please Fox, let this show grow and find an audience before you decide to pull the plug.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
No, but being produced by Fox, as well as Imagine Entertainment, helps - Fox stands to make money on a DVD release or syndicated/FX reruns down the road, and maintaining a good relationship with Ron Howard and Bryan Grazer (whose company also produces 24 and Quintuplets) would also be seen as a Good Thing.

Still, it's worth noting that Arrested Development only has a 13-episode order when most returning series get a full-season (22-episode) pickup. That said, it looks like Fox is giving AD every chance to earn a back nine and renewal, with a post-Simpsons slot, a likely DVD release of the first season, and (with luck) promotion based on Emmy wins. If this show ends after 35 episodes, the "Fox didn't support it" argument will be pretty false.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But given Fox's track record of pulling the plug on shows after 2-4 shows, Arrest Development's pickup is almost a miracle in the climate that is TV these days.

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
"But given Fox's track record of pulling the plug on shows after 2-4 shows, Arrest Development's pickup is almost a miracle in the climate that is TV these days."

I agree that the renewal of Arrested Development a stroke of unexpected fortune. However, one possibility is that the show is just too darned good to cancel. That's my take, the climate at Fox hasn't changed so the continuation of this show proves that it *is* possible to be good enough to make it today. But if Arrested is the minimum quality necessary to make it over that bar then the medium is in trouble. Not many shows like that come along in a year (or a decade for that matter).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks