What's new

Arrested Development Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
"That's his girlfriend? What, is she funny?"

"...Your wife is dead!"

"I found my birth control pills, DAD."

"I believe your knee's on my heart."

"Way to plant, Ann!"

I know it's a little too soon, but I can't wait for the Second Season on DVD.:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I get tired of laughing outloud when I watch this show, so I do so internally now, and still it produces about 5 chuckles/minute if not more.

Loved it when the maid said "retardo" and they subtitled "Buster" just in case anyone was confused by her Spanish. Heh.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
Well, any subtlety about who Buster's real father is went out the window with tonight's episode. :D

Michael's being too protective. I'm glad they're finally dealing with that. George Michael was going to grow up eventually. Of course, some of this kissing cousins stuff may become more disgusting/annoying/choose your adjective faster than the incest jokes that Joey has been throwing at audiences.

Another fine episode.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Being from around the area, it was nice for me to see them mention Santa Ana.

I was wondering how they drove to Mexico so fast until they mentioned that it took 3 hours, which seems about right.

When did GOB do the chicken dance before?

Is Quincy Jones going to make a guest appearance soon?

~T

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Lindsey: "Who's that riding the hog back there?"
Michael: "GEORGE MICHAEL!!! . . . . er. . . never mind."

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Another terrific laugh outloud episode. Only AD could get away with making jokes about Iraq! The line about the 'naked human pyramid' and Buster's "charlie brown's" made me bust out laughing, and had the wife staring at me with a "what the hell was so funny?" look. I guess I watch more news than she does. She also stared at me when I laughed at the 'Mission Accomplished' banner.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
That was my (and my high-school Spanish teaching wife's) biggest laugh of the evening. The subtitles said "Now I have to take care of Buster", translating "el retardo" as "Buster". I wonder if that was really a joke for the Spanish speakers out there or if upon further reflection, they thought it would be in poor taste to refer to him in the subtitles as "The Retard".

I'm not sure real Spanish even uses the word "retardo" to mean anything other than "to delay". "Atrasado" or possibly some other word I can't come up with would probably be more likely in that situation. :)

A close runner up for me was how friend-seeking Gob disappeared after Tobias made another statement about the need to "blue" himself.

Regards,

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Many great parts of the episode have already been mentioned, but I also loved the randon spots of blue paint around the house from Tobias. This show has amazing continuity from episode-to-episode, while not relying on that to be funny (just to be extra funny).

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
G.O.B.: Show tonight?

Tobias: Well, I won’t know officially until 8:01. But I figured if I blue myself early, I’d be nice and relaxed for a 9:00 dinner reservation.

LOL,

Another one of my favorites, reffering to Maeby's lack of second season air time...

Michael: Plus, you can bring Maeby.

Lindsay: You know, I’ve sensed her feeling a little left out lately.

I also liked GOB's various mis-pronunciations of "circumvent".

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Honestly, I think this was the best episode for laugh-out-loud moments. The comedy just worked from start to finish, and it told an excellent story, too. Especially the ending with the blue paint smeared off David Cross' face to match the blueprint... subtle genius.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Oh, the blueprint, Tobias, and Ice! God, there are SO many things funny in last nights episode that I've already forgotten them!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I loved the whole Buster thing.

Let me be the first to say it - this is the best comedy show since Seinfeld, and even Seinfeld wasn't this good this early.

And I'm still the only one I know that watches it.

One of my favorite parts of this weeks episode was Michael showing the blueprint of George Sr. to the locals..."Oh yeah, sure Señor, no problem. When do you want us to start building?"

Also Tobias with Ice's knee in his back..."Why am I not blacking out?"

Overall, another great episode. Unfortunately, one my converts reminded me how people new to the show would not get half the gags. Sadly, I must agree with him.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Since the show has three times the gag density of any other half hour comedy on television, that would still leave more than enough laughs to satisfy anyone. :)

Regards,

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Good description. I'm a recent convert. I just started the season 1 DVDs and caught most of the last episode. DVR troubles prevented me from seeing the whole thing.

Anyway, I love it. There are gags upon gags with more gags around the corner. They come at you so fast that most of them go right over your head, but you're still recovering from the last one you got so you don't even notice.

My only hope is that this isn't one of those shows that's "too smart" for the average viewer and ends up getting cancelled. I hope it sticks around for a long while.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe how great this show is. This week's episode was one of my all time favorites.

The ongoing gags with the Bluth Stair Truck never get old. When they find it in Mexico and people are using it to hop the border I almost choked.

Also- how there are always little blue stains around the house because of Tobias- subtle genius.

Hate to say it, but Fox likes to yank shows too early. (Profit was my all time favorite). Hopefully this will run a good few years before they replace it with "When Miniskirts Blow Off" or something worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks