What's new

Arrested Development Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Yes, just after the operator said 'Tijuana Bell...' and Michael asked him if he knew where George Sr. was.:D

I adore this show and watch it live to get full enjoyment. On repeat viewings, I hunt for all the gags I missed.

The fact that more people watch something as moronic and stale as "Joey" leaves little hope for AD. No one has a problem with Animated shows without a laugh track, but I guess sitcoms without cues confuse average joes.:frowning:

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I think you meant to say "a traditional three camera show". Arrested Development is shot with multiple cameras doing simultaneous coverage, but not in the traditionally cost-effective "I Love Lucy but I don't love location shooting" way. :)

Regards,

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My wife and I watch AD recorded in hidef, and it takes practically an hour to get through, what with the constant pausing and rewinding. The two parts that made us stop for five minutes was the Seaward part, and the Mexican cops beating on George Sr. Also, all the parts with Tobias coming out of the background just killed us.

I don't think we laugh as nmuch at any other show. We were watching Raymond today, and although it's funny, it pauses so the audience can laugh. AD doesn't do this -- it's so dense you just have to watch multiple times, and whether or not that's to its detriment ratings-wise, it makes it an amazing show to me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd recommend watching it live, and then going back for a more in-depth viewing. The momentum of the show is as much fun as the gags themselves.

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
I love how Gob yet again did the $100 turns into 100 pennies trick. I wonder if it will be a running gag throughout the season.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i thought the episode was pretty funny but i kind of rolled my eyes when Portia de Rossi sees her mom on tv "resuscitating the homeless guy" and sees the light. yet another Seinfeldian unprobable (but more importantly unfunny) tying together of 2 side plots.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
4.5 rating 7 share - basically flat compared to last week's 4.6(7). I went by the preliminary ratings at zap2it, so the actuals may be a bit different when things like football timeshifts are properly accounted for.

Regards,

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Much better than the premiere episode. Laugh out loud funny.

Loved the "C word" remark that Lucille walked in on.
I really enjoyed the Thomas Jane bits too. He can be a bum in my backyard anytime.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

I've never followed the ratings system in the US, is this good enough to keep it around for more seasons if it retains these numbers?

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
I'm sure that FOX is aware on how fantastic the show is, despite poor ratings. I hope they hold on to it so that it can gain popularity

Jeff Gordon

Agent
Nobody caught when the mother was in the doorway of the office and Michae/GOB were discussing the boat he had purchased...

Michael: "Get rid of the Seaward! (C-Word)"

Mother "I'll leave when I'm damn good and ready!"

great writing.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Another hilarious episode. I loved Michael calling Ann "Ann-hog" and "plant" :)

Buster thinking Santa Ana was Mexico was also great. I loved his way of acting Mexican was speaking english with a Mexican accent, hehe. Ice tackling Tobias and Michael was great too. GOB: "I'm sorry, Michael. I actually saw him coming, but I wanted to see where you were going with that." ... Tobias: "Who wants to go to the hospital?" :laugh::laugh:

"It's Gene Parmesean." :D

Michael_EC

Stunt Coordinator
That was definitely Martin Mull.

Loved many bits...

"And I'm not afraid to make mistakes, or have you forgotten this little...(crash)...dammit"

"The oooold reach around," then later "I think I might have someone who's going to cirsumvrent the law."

The "You're killing me, Buster" banner.

"And second-of-ly..."

The return of GOB's chicken impersonation!

"Ann-hog's coming?" "Just Ann"

and I think that was all in just the first half of the episode.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Awesome episode.

Sorry, too tired to come up with anything in terms of a constructive review, but I laughed and that's whats important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks