What's new

Arrested Development Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I don't see what's the big deal about Thomas Jane playing himself. Lots of actors have played themselves in shows.

I liked seeing again Tobias' cat-like agility.

I love the music that Gob uses.

~T

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Lucille enters
Michael: "Get rid of the Seaward."
Lucile: "I'll leave when I'm good and ready."

Buster: "Mother! I heard zoo noises."

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
"Arrested Development" is a show that plays better on DVD (or tape). I love it in any form, but the jokes come so fast that it's tough to catch them all. I completely missed the pale spot where George's yarmulke was (good eye Will) and while the Buster as Buster Keaton gag seems obvious in retrospect, I completely overlooked it. This show is so rich and layered in it's humor that multiple viewings are a must.

I recall reading an article about the show, speculating that Justine Bateman might make a guest appearance on the show, possibly as a love interest for her brother's character. This would be risque in a wonderfully subversive and meta sort of way. Family ties indeed. Anyone else hear anything about this or am I delusional ;) ?

Britton

Screenwriter
I heard something about the Justine Bateman appearance as well.

I'm glad to see GOB back on the Segway.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Will Arnett was on Ellen or McEnroe, and said that Jason has been wanting his sister to come on the show to play his love interest.

~T

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
A great continuation of an excellent start of the season. I loved the little touches like the plaster over the holes that Gob had knocked out for the pool table last week. Great, great comedy.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think the funniest bit had to be the Mexican cops piling onto George because they thought he was Oscar, complete with the late hit with the nightstick. I think I laughed hard enough to cause injury a few times during this episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was waiting for George to claim "Hermano" while getting beat up because of the running joke from last season's love triangle between Gob, Michael and Marta.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Terrific episode!
As I've written before about this series, there are so many throw-away, almost no more than 1 second jokes that this is one of the few series that demands repeat viewing. And what the HELL is wrong with the rest of America?! AD not getting good ratings?!:angry:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I could have watched this episode in "real time" last night but I decided to watch my recording of it because I find myself using the 7-second rewind button a lot on this show, exactly because there are so many little jokes flowing through from scene to scene.

I know I rewound back to the picture of Kitty and George's "what their child would look like" photo and froze the frame to get some extra laughs out of it. I did the same with George's infomercial product that caused arm burns on his Mexican captors/cops. And I also rewound all the Tobias blending in with the surroundings while tailing Lindsay. Just too many little funny bits to relive in a 22 minute show.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
My favourite was Tobias whizzing by on the side of the blue truck.

Also the bits of blue paint on the back of his neck after he's taken it off, calling back to last weeks non-blue parts of his back where he couldn't reach.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Another subtle thing I liked was GOB setting his drink in what I think was the hole of the "dissapearing glass trick" (anybody else know what I'm talking about:)?) and then later pulling a drink out of one of the pool table pockets.

The way I remember hearing about this was an interview with creator Mitch Hurwitz. Then a month or so later I read somewhere that they were gonna cancel the plotline because it had been 'leaked.' I don't know how official the story about them not doing it was but they said she would still make a guest appearance in some form.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Some more quotes:

Michael: George Michael, I’m sure that Egg is a very nice person. I just don’t want you spending all your money...

George Michael: Ann.

Michael: ... getting her all glittered up for Easter, you know?

G.O.B.: There’s not a lot of logic to it. It’s kind of like on a boat with women and children first. (Laughing.) I mean, why should they...?

I love GOB's character:

Starla: Oh, I’m sorry, I don’t give it out without a firm offer.

G.O.B.: Oh, I’ll make you a firm offer.

And of course the 100 pennies returned in this episode.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Another callback to previous episodes I noticed on my second viewing, Gob said maybe George Sr. had gone to "Portugal, down South America way."

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
"I have no problem with that."

"Dad's always played us off each other."
"Dad always said that was your fault."

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks