What's new

Arrested Development Season 2 thread (2 Viewers)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They can keep the same cop from season to season, but not the same Marta from episode to episode? Either way, this season is great.

I think Lucille responded to "Michael Moore"s question "Would you sign your child up for the army?" with "Why yes, I would."

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I guess over the summer it was 'leaked' that Michael Moore would make a guest appearance and on another message board I remember one poster saying they'd never watch the show again if Moore did appear. I wonder what they thought of "Documentary Film-Maker"?

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Check out http://the-op.com/

Its a great AD site and it has quotes along with full episode transcripts(for the many quotes you always forget
wink.gif
).

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't Moore, it was a look-alike.

quote:The show also includes a brief appearance by a Michael Moore look-alike (poor soul) playing a renegade journalist, plus a shot of Saddam Hussein's signature, which can be spotted at the bottom of a typically incriminating contract that Idiot Daddy signed before being trotted off to prison.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not very good news on the ratings, from TVGuide.com:

quote:Sorry, Arrested Development fans. The second-season premiere of Fox's Emmy-winning critical fave lost nearly 5 million viewers from its lead-in, The Simpsons, this past Sunday. Arrested's audience of 18- to 49-year-olds was equal to that of the show's dismal opening a year ago.

Britton

Screenwriter
quote:Sorry, Arrested Development fans. The second-season premiere of Fox's Emmy-winning critical fave lost nearly 5 million viewers from its lead-in, The Simpsons, this past Sunday. Arrested's audience of 18- to 49-year-olds was equal to that of the show's dismal opening a year ago.

Just more proof that a lot of people who watch and still like new Simpsons episodes are idiots.

I'll keep on watching this show no matter what.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
quote:didnt seinfeld take a few years before it started gaining popularity?
Man, the quality television that could have been produced if the quick pull was around a few years earlier...
smile.gif

Of course, when it started, Seinfeld was a much cheaper show to produce than Arrested Development is now - cast of unknowns, no name guest stars, no location shooting, a three-camera show instead of a one-camera one; NBC would have had less to lose by giving that thing a few more breaks than Fox does with AD.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
AD is still a relatively cheap show to produce. The guerilla style of filmmaking means things can be done on the cheap. The only thing that drives up the overhead is the cast and the locations.

In other news, how great is it that Thomas Jane is playing himself?:D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

That was absolutely fucking hilarious. I was cracking up every time he showed up. Thomas Jane playing Thomas Jane playing a homeless guy :D

"Your a really cool chick, but I'm not homeless...I'm Tom Jane."
"Buy me a drink?"
"No. I'm Tom Jane" *walks away*

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor

In addition to the fact that it's shot on HD not film which makes it mondo cheaper to produce. Shooting on HD also means shooting with two cameras at the same time which allows for less coverage reshoots.

The continuity of tonight's episode was awesome. So far I've caught:

- The "Mommy, What Will I Look Like?" blink-and-you-miss-it callback. That was the biggest laugh of the night for me.
- Annie McNoFace
- KITTY!
- Tobias auditioning with a Broadway song
- The Cornballer
- Buster's panic attacks
- "I've made a huge mistake."
- Yet another Bluth unable to remember the Spanish for "brother"
- "From the director of Dangerous Cousins"
- Cloudmir Vodka-
- Trouble operating the phone at the office.
- Subtle subtle Gob = The President jokes. The way he flew in to the house with a "mission accomplished" was hilarious, and even I like the BushMan.
- The "I BLEEPED Starla" being a callback to "I BLEEPED Kitty" in Visiting Ours.
-The soap opera music fading in with Oscar's suggestive lines about Buster's heritage.

This is absolutely the best show on television right now. Everything is just perfect about it. All I have to complain about is that I feel sorry for anyone tuning in tonight for the first time. Anyone who hasn't seen this show yet, get out there and GOBIAS some DVDs.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
How funny was it when George had an untanned spot where he wore his Yarmulke? I also like the camoflagued Tobias popping up while spying on Lindsey

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Me too.

I loved Buster after finding his Mom and Oscar getting it on. "I'm going to war!" :)

Ryan FB

Second Unit
Some of my favorite things from the episode:
  • The "Solid as a Rock" motto (Will Arnett does the "Like A Rock" truck commercial voiceovers)
  • Buster in a Buster Keaton gag (standing in a window of a falling facade)
  • Subtitled "?" on the Mexican TV spot

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

There was another reference in the season premier where G.O.B. sat in his office for seven minutes after finding the documents (think GWB, classroom, 9/11).

I loved the bit at the end with an actual game of rock-paper-scissors.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rock does beat Scissors!

Loved it when the Business Model introduced Gob as "Gob Bluth" (pronouncing Gob as "Gob" instead of "Jobe").

Oscar's blue bot was hilariously placed in both scenes.

How did they get Thomas Jane for this guest appearance?

I think Portia's new eyebrows need "guest appearance" billing on their own.

Tobias's scenes were all pretty funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks