What's new

Arrested Development Ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
02/15/04 - Beef Consomme - This is episode 13. Does anyone know how many Fox ordered?

Was Aunt Lindsay ever pregnant?
Oh yeah, dozens of times.

Sounds like someone-you-think's name is Tio is about to get his ass kicked.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That was my favorite line too, Stacy.

Another gem: Sorry I'm late... I had another hearing. Good news though, I think I'm going to get off. I have a really good lawyer...

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
"I'd like to make love to a woman . . . I want to open a checking account-"
BUSTER!
I so look forward to this show every week!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Not sure I got this right, but it was something like:

Michael: It's about my father's hearing
Marta: With my father, it is the seeing.

Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show is so self-aware-ly funny.

Anyone else get all grossed out and disturbed by the blue jeans and sock, or just the prospect of Lindsay and Tobias getting funky?

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
My wife and I replayed the "Tobias Overcompensates" scene just to watch Buster, GOB and Michaels responses. Priceless. Michael keeps his deadpan face, Buster is obviously scared and doesn't know what to do and GOB quietly spits out his cereal.

Just fantastic acting! This show is right below Scrubs on my Tivo. It's so funny, it makes me cry.

"Sometimes when a man and a woman love each other and if the man really, really concentrates..." (Tobias)

"Will somebody do the polite thing and punch me in the face?" (Buster)

George Michael has the greatest comedic timing I've seen in a long time for a young actor.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
So many lines are instant classics on this show, and it happens in every episode! As a writer, I am jealous of the guys who write this show!

David WS

Stunt Coordinator
Every time I watch Scrubs and A.D. I can't help but think of the writers. Both of these shows must be a blast to write for. They come up with such great subtle jokes and yet do a nice job of writing a clever storyline as well.

GOB knowing the words for "brother" in French and Italian but not Spanish after taking Spanish in college was classic.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Oh my god, I completely missed the curl-up-in-a-ball scene with Buster and the bear the first time through. Hilarious.

You're not the brother who she's cheating on me with.
Well who is?
How am I supposed to know, Buster?

Michael: Mom wanted me to tell you that she doesn't care whether you live or die, but if you're not dead she would like to see you down at the court house in your blue sweater.
Buster: Damn it! I hate that blue sweater!
Michael: She said it would look nice with the grey pants.
Buster: Damn it! She's right!

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
So I guess we dont have to argue over which Marta is better anymore? :)

This show and Scrubs are the rare comedies that have that re-watchability factor.
I wish the DVD's were out right now, and the only other TV on dvd I buy is the simpsons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks