Are Yamaha RXV1900 series receivers 3D ready?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by winniw, Dec 27, 2010.

1. winniw

winniw Second Unit

It seems like a good idea to get a receiver that is 3D ready. It appears to me the the Yamaha RXV series is NOT 3D ready, but their RXA series is. Is that correct? I was really liking the 1900 until this notion struck me. So, do I need to strike the 1900 off of my short list?

Nick

2. winniw

winniw Second Unit

I changed the title in this thread because I discovered after a little more research that the 667 and 1065 do have HDMI 1.4

However, I am most interested in the 1900 and cannot find anywhere if the HDMI is 1.4

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Nick

3. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    I don't think it does. It, along with the 3900, Z-7 and Z-11 are really last years models. The fact that no mention of 3-D is found on Yamaha's home page for those receivers is pretty good proof that they don't support 3-D. 3-D is the buzz word this year. Stick with a model that clearly states 3-D is supported. If it is supported then it will be mentioned front and center. You won't have to look for it.

The 367 also fails to mention 3-D on the Overview page. I'm sure it dosen't support it either.

4. winniw

winniw Second Unit

Thanks Gene, I'm sure you are correct. If a feature like that is not mentioned up front, then it doesn't have it. Well, there are lots of other options.

5. goodguyed

goodguyed Auditioning

My Samsung BD-C6900 3-D Blu-Ray player connects through my RX-V1900 via HDMI 1.3 to my Samsung 3-D TV. 3-D works like a charm!

6. goodguyed

goodguyed Auditioning

... well, let me revise my earlier statement. I was able to watch exactly one 3D Blu-ray disc through my Rx-V1900. I recently bought Avatar in 3D and my Blu-ray wouldn't even attempt to play the disc while connected through the 1900. I had to connect HDMI directly to the TV and live with stereo sound. **sigh**. Looks like I either need to by a better Blu-ray player (I absolutely hate my Samsung BD-C6900!) or upgrade my receiver. Hmmm. Panasonic Blu-ray player, $150. RX-A2020, $1600. Tough choice. :rolleyes: