What's new

Are weak spin-offs a lost cause??? (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I'd have bought it. From what I understand, when the cancellation came down, they were midway thorugh filming the "Cleopatra" episode. Would've been cool to have the episodes on DVD with the unused footage included. Of course, it'd have been even cooler if we could've had more unused footage on the regular "Galactica" release (such as more shots of the Imperious Leader).

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
In regards to Hi-De-Hi, You Rang M'Lord and Oh Dr. Beeching:

Already done, it is how I saw them and I am certain that they could find an audience in the US but aside from one episode of H-De-Hi, I do not recall any ever airing on my PBS. I believe the pilot was shown alongside other pilots voted on by viewers to air. Of all of these, I think You Rang M'Lord would be the best to start with. I also imported Man About the House and Bless This House up to 4 and their film versions.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Well, if they aren't in their original videotape form and all that Galton & SImpson preserved were B & W tapes of the original color tapes then I suddenly lost interest in the TV version of Steptoe & Son. The radio plots were apparently all remakes of the TV stories anyway, so I wouldn't be missing much. I hate kinescopes.

Cheetah

Stunt Coordinator
This would be the one and only time I would be interested in colorization, but only of course for the episodes which were originally in color.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks