What's new

Are the wednesday reruns of the SOPRANOS and other HBO shows HD as well? (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
I'm on the edge to upgrading the Comcast cable to HD but the only shows I watch primarily are HBO shows- SOPRANOS, DEADWOOD< SIX FEET UNDER etc...The thing is I'm at work Sunday night so I can't watch them live.

Are they HD when broadcast on HBO later during the week?

Otherwise there's no reason to get HD...

Any info from the field? Thanks!;)

Ike

Screenwriter
Yes. Check out HBO listings on their schedule; HD programs have an icon (TRUE HDTV). HBO.

HBO shows the most HD content of all the HD channels I get. The only things that aren't HD are there comedy shows and sports programs. Dramas and nearly all movies are HD.

The Sopranos is broadcast not in widescreen on Mondays on HBO2. But there isn't a HD HBO2, so that doesn't effect HD at all.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The only disadvantage with HBO HD is that they crop almost all 2:35.1 films.

Otherwise, it's great.;)

Ike

Screenwriter

Yeah. But there are some odd choices as to what gets cropped and what doesn't. I think Daredevil was getting broadcast widescreen, but Pulp Fiction doesn't.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Daredevil was defintely cropped on HBO HD. Maybe Pulp Fiction wasn't as it seems as though the older films are shown uncropped.

I think Michael Reuben said that HBO does their own HD transfers, and for the films that they don't, they show what the studios gave them, hence some being shown OAR and some cropped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks