What's new

Are Bipoles good surrounds or overrated? (1 Viewer)

robc1976

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
I have been reading for the past 3 hours about the debate against bipole/dipole/monople....wich are better in your opinion. I just bought a pair of these and if they are inferior I will take them back....don't want a week spot in my system. My system is used for movies and gaming primarly.

RS-52II Discription

http://www.klipsch.com/rs-52-ii-surround-speaker

robc1976

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Lot of people where saying that with the DTS discrete channels that bipoles are inferior. I listen to a LOT of DTS material. I do like hearing sounds on the left and right with a lot of content...bullets, machine guns ECT

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I'm not familiar with those bipoles, but I love mine. I switched from direct surround speakers to Energy bipoles a couple years ago. The sound is much more dispersive with the bipoles. I can't see myself ever going back to direct surrounds.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
It depends on the room too. I have several systems in the house. I have directs in the main system but bipoles in the secondary basement system and the way the room is arranged they work great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks