What's new

Are Better cables worth it? (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
Right now i have a pretty good audio/video system but i would like to have even better quality.

So do you think by upgrading a few of my audio cables would give me better sound.

For example,i am using gauge-12 wires for the speakers,if i go with gauge-14,will it give me a clearer sound?

I was thinking of changing also that audio cable that connect my DVD player to the receiver.What do you think?

mylan

Screenwriter
No, a 12 guage speaker wire is larger than a 14 so you'll be going in the wrong direction, regardless it will not affect the sound quality at all. As far as the audio cable from the DVD to receiver, same thing. The best thing you can do is calibrate your system.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Speaker wire will have the single least effect on your overall sound. Analog interconnects can have an influence on the sound, but if you are looking for big improvements, the speakers, sources and receiver are where your biggest improvements lie.

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
Lots of folks here may believe the real title of your thread should have been "Are more expensive cables worth it?". Dicey subject that has been argued to death. It is always good to have high quality, solidly constructed inter-connects. This means not the flimsy stuff that came with your kids' cheapo DVD player. But going overboard with high-priced "magic wire" is a doubtful proposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks