Arcade Repair

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by DeathStar1, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Anyone happen to know ALLOT about arcade game repair, or know an expert that can help out?

We're trying to identify the function of some gadgets on the power board, as well as some pieces themselves so we can repair and re-wire everything back to working order. But so far can't find an expert... It used to be an old Wizards of Whor cabinet, but wether or not it was that originally, who knows...

Here are some pics if that helps get things started...

[​IMG]
    Main box to Jamma PCB

[​IMG]

Main Power Supply

[​IMG]

Switch

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    There are forums over here:

http://klov.com/

These people will be able to help you out. Collecting and repairing arcade machines are their hobbies.

3. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    I also suggest Arcade Controls.com. The restoration section of their forum helped me bring my Sinistar back to life. Still working on a sound problem though. But, at least it's playable!

What's the game and what's wrong with it? Is it Wizard of Wor, or is it converted to something else? I love that game.

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Already post on Arcade Controls, but usually don't get many replies on that board, which is why I'm looking elsewhere. I'll check out that link above, though. Thanks!

In this case, it WAS Wizards of WOR, but we bought it boardless. Now, it's going to be TMNT 1, 2, and Simpsons, assuming the PCB's still work, and I Hope to god they still do.

5. Gerald LaFrance

Gerald LaFrance Supporting Actor

Gerald LaFrance
    try these guys they sell stuff maybe they can help you with some repairs or something:

http://www.vintagearcade.net/

I need to get a Zaxxon game ;)

6. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

Keep at it with arcadecontrols.com. I've never encountered an arcade repair issue that couldn't be figured out with the help of the folks over there. And Jamma boards are so modular that it shouldn't be hard to scrounge up any parts you might need.