What's new

ARC not working on LG LM7200 (1 Viewer)

Roll tide high

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Guys I hope someone can help me because I really need to get this going for my particular setup. I don't want to use an optical cable because my TV is wall mounted (all wires hidden inside wall) and I don't use a sat/cable box so I really need the arc to get sound from my tv to the receiver. The setup: LG Lm7200 TV Sony STR-DA1800ES receiver Both are ARC compliant The problem: I can actually get arc functioning between the TV and the receiver. The issue is none of my other components register. So when I select my BD, ps3 or anything else I get "no signal" message. I plug into a different port on the TV that's not arc compliant and everything works fine but no arc of course. So far I have tried: turning simplink on, turning simplink off, power cycling all units, setting pass through on the receiver to both on and off, turned Hdmi control to on for receiver and confirmed arc is enabled on TV, and many other failed attempts of switching various settings around. . I know this is probably a tired subject but you guys can really make my day if you can help me with this. I've exhausted all the options I can think of.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What are your BD and PS3 connected to? The LG or the Sony? The reason I ask, is the "only cable" should be the HDMI from the AVR to TV. If you ran the TV power down the wall with the HDMI, don't have a fire in your house. Your insurance company will respond with "thanks for the free pass on an excuse for not covering anything".

Roll tide high

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Yeah only one cable from the TV to receiver and both ports are labeled arc. I'm quite sure I have everything connected properly. It has to be something in the settings or a bad arc port. The lg Manuel says that I can use any Hdmi port to output a device. So I should be able to plug my BD player directly into the arc port and it should still work but it won't.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ARC only exists between "TV and audio source". BD, PS3 and everything else is completely irrelevant. No. The LG manual does not say "use any HDMI port for output". No TV manual says that. The ONLY "output" HDMI port is the one labeled ARC...and only if the OTHER END is an audio device. Which your Sony is an audio device. How is this connected? PS3 to what? BD to what?

Roll tide high

Auditioning
Real Name
James
Lg Manuel in my hands and I quote: "Choose any HDMI input port to connect. It does not matter which port you use". I have the bd plugged into the bd Hdmi slot on the receiver. I have another Hdmi cable connected to the out (arc) port on the receiver. The other end of that cable is plugged into the no. 2 Hdmi slot on the TV ( there are 4 of these on the TV). If I move the cable to the no.1 slot on the TV which is the slot labeled "arc", I get no signal.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You wrote that the LG manual says... "Hdmi port to output a device" The HDMI on the LG are not OUTPUTS. This is what you copy/pasted... "Choose any HDMI input port to connect. It does not matter which port you use." This is correct...and NOT what you said the first time. It is completely possible(and likely) that the CEC between Sony and LG don't communicate together. It is VERY LIKELY that the LG "wants to be the HUB". If that is the case. Ignore the ARC and run a toslink. You will find zero love for ARC anywhere on the internet when used with anything beyond a soundbar.

Users who are viewing this thread