Aquaman Pilot- Best Buy exclusive bonus DVD disc

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Don3996, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Don3996

Don3996 Agent

I was wondering if anyone else has gotten this disc and watched it. It is contained in the Smallville season 1-5 sets as a bonus from best buy. Reason for my post, I started watching it last night and the video seems extremely cropped on the right and left side, so much so that the opening title is displayed as "quama" instead of "Aquaman". Almost appears that they took the widescreen and just chopped it to be fullscreen.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sma...Bonus-DVD/8426

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

It was not cropped for me, Don. Tight, but not cropped. Here's a screen shot:

[​IMG]

3. Don3996

Don3996 Agent

Dang I have a feeling something might be wrong with my DVD then, I tried it on my widescreen TV downstairs and on the TV upstairs with 2 different DVD players with same results. Thanks for such a fast response!

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Couldn't that just be the overscan on your TVs and not the DVD?

5. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    FYI: This is available as a free download in HD from XBox Live.

6. troy evans

troy evans Screenwriter

As a matter of fact this release is in the 4:3 fullscreen format. The title when Aquaman comes up is tight because it's in fullscreen. On my Samsung 42" in fullscreen mode you can see the whole title as David said, although it is tight. On my cheap ass Apex game console tv it does come up cropped as Don said. If you play it on a standard tv it does appear to be more excessively cropped than it actually is. It was originally in widescreen 1.78. Why they decided to change it, I have no idea. I'm just excited to have an official dvd release of this. It is awesome and hopefully all this consumer interest in it may make CW rethink thier premature dropping of it before it had a chance to even air. Smallville won't be on for much longer. It would be nice to see a show of this quality fill it's shoes.

7. Eve Brown

Eve Brown Stunt Coordinator

I noticed the title thing too but loved the pilot. Maybe they can do this after Smallville.

8. Don3996

Don3996 Agent

It really was a great pilot. With the exposure this unaired pilot has received..I hope they still do greenlight it sometime soon. Ving Rhames was great and its always nice to see Lou Diamond Phillips collecting a paycheck hehe[​IMG]