Apprentice Season 3 ongoing thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Shane Martin, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I think Erin said "Do you have to?" (referring to following the advice of Carolyn and George w/r/t keeping Angie) followed by a wink. I didn't think that should have been the reason to can Erin.

Oh well, there goes some eye candy, and now we're stuck with the poster boy for Anger Management.

2. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I'll miss looking at Erin, but I certainly won't miss listening to her and the constant stream of BS that came out of her mouth. Trump should just let her sit next to him in a bikini for the remaining episodes of this season. [​IMG]

3. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Worst boardroom ever!

~T

4. Stacy Huff

Stacy Huff Second Unit

I think the little wink is what sealed it for Erin. I also don't think her attack of Anger Boy's use of profanity and dip helped. I cracked up when Trump said the language didn't bother him because he cursed, especially if George is there.

I'm just amazed that these people are the best out of millions of applicants.

5. Michael J K

Michael J K Stunt Coordinator

Does it seem like Trump is bored with the whole thing? Last night I thought he was going to fire the whole team and go play golf!

Erin really sucked and thought she could flirt with Trump and flash a smile and be safe. She actually winked at him twice last night!

Chris' head is going to explode if he isn't careful!

6. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

One of the better boardrooms this season. Sorry, even I thought Erin was "protected" and might be a final candidate. Glad Trump (at least through creative editing) saw through all the BS flirting.

Besides, Erin was the one that convinced her team to bring in a candidate to be fired that was exempt.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman

Yep, that's exactly what happened. Trump said that he wanted to fire Angie, but that Carolyn and George thought that he shouldn't. Erin just couldn't keep the wiseacre inside any longer!

Beforehand, Erin talked about how she was good at keeping her cool and not opening her mouth in the boardroom, but in the end she got caught -- that seems to be Trump's thing this season; fire the person who speaks up when he or she shouldn't.

Trump was obviously looking for any excuse to not fire Erin, even though she was clearly the worst one on the task. It was ridiculous; first jumping on Angie for choosing a bad project and then on Chris for the stupid tobacco thing. Had she kept her mouth shut, she would've been safe -- I think Chris would have been gone. (From next week's preview, it looks like he may only have one week left anyway!)

The project this week was a refreshing change of pace -- not a marketing task, and not judged purely on profit. Hopefully there'll be some other interesting ones.

So long, Erin. . .you were annoying, but damn were you hot!!! [​IMG]

At first she looked a little weird, but she really grew on me (looks-wise!) as time went on. She had a really unusual, almost anime-style look to her (not as anime-looking as Katrina from season 1, though).

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

For those who need their Erin fix.

9. Brent M

Brent M Producer

That website is hillarious(which I'm sure wasn't her intention at all) with the worst background music ever. Inside Philadelphia, huh? Wow, my prayers have finally been answered. [​IMG]

10. Michael_CPC

Michael_CPC Agent

Personally, I had been rooting for John to win. Yeah, he had a bad attitude, but up until his final task, every idea he came up with was genius.

11. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    Trump has mentioned the possibilty of doing a season in Los Angeles. I think this would make for an interesting change. LA is certainly big enough and interesting enough that the tasks could be intriguing. I don't know if it could ever work in Chicago or Philly, but LA would work well IMHO.

12. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Yeah, it's about time for a change in scenery. Philly would be cool for me to see personally, having spent a large portion of my life there--but NY and LA definitely have more big businesses to work with.

13. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I think setting it in LA for a season would be a much needed change. As great a backdrop as NYC has been, it's time they do something a little different.

14. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

At this point I'm going for Bren or Tanna. I don't think anyone on the other team has a shot.

15. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

I've been rooting for Kendra since episode 1, but I like Alex, Bren, and Tana too.

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

3/31/05

Eh, much adon't about nothing tonight. Ho-hum...

17. Albert_M

Albert_M Supporting Actor

Ok this thread is too long for me to sort through, so if this was mentioned, I'm sorry. Last night towards the end of the show, while zipping through commercials (thanks to the ol' dvr - we watch the show a little later) I saw what I thought was the obligatory sponsorship spot for Dominos exciting new meatball pizza, then I noticed something, went back and watched what was in fact a Papa John's spot for a new spicy meatball pizza.

Now there is no way that NBC would approve this on a network level, so Papa John's had to know about the content of the episode and buy the spot locally in however many markets they did...

Did anyone else see the spot?

18. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Yes, I did. I also was surprised that NBC allowed it. Did anyone notice that the voice timing sounded off during the commercial? Almost like a dubbed foreign film

19. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Yep,I saw the Papa John's spot.

This show is going downhill fast. It is no longer about finding an apprentice, it is about ratings. Of course, it has been this way since season 2, hence the reason why no one has seen Kelly since the finale, yet Bill is everywhere [​IMG]

20. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

I noticed the Papa John spot with the unsynched voiceover as well and immediately thought one of two things
    • maybe Papa John's is owned by Domino's
    • maybe Papa John was able to buy the spot with a provision made to do the voice over live after the episode was completed
    Regarding Point #1: I couldn't see NBC allowing another pizza company to step on the obvious cross promotion. If PJ and Dom were under the same corporate umbrella then this might explain it. On the other hand, NBC has, in the past allowed competitors to show ads in the same segment (I think I actually saw 3 or 4 car companies back to back one time) so the almighty dollar might be the determining factor here. Very appropriate - especially for this show.

Regarding Point #2: If, in fact NBC doesn't let people see the show in advance - at least not the sponsors - then the Papa John ad would show some creativity and seat of the pants originality. That's something that is woefully lacking from this show this year.

And finally, I've had just about enough of "The Donald" proclaiming how "great" everything is. He is becoming funnier than an SNL skit. People must see through his proclamations (in that monotone pomposity) that anything with the Trump name on it is the biggest, greatest, best, etc. ad nauseum. C'mon! He wasn't satisfied that his buffet in The Atrium "was the best on 5th Avenue" but had to pump it up to "the best in New York" (and later "the best in the country")?!?? Not only is this a subjective matter at best but I would seriously doubt his claim in this regard because of the number of truly great eateries in NYC.

And why would you take the gastronomical word of a man who thinks that Domino's is great pizza? Any self-respecting New Yawker would cringe at that thought (with no disrespect meant to Domino's which fills a niche but can't hold a candle to "real" Pizza).

The Donald's need to constantly proclaim how great he is and everything around him is the reason why I won't be watching Apprentice 4 unless there is some major restructuring. There are much better things for me to do with my viewing time.