What's new

Apprentice Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
John (or Vince Vaughn from now on) was the only one it seemed who tried to talk to the PM. But, the guy was close-minded and only wanted to hear what he wanted. That only pissed John off and he lost his only potential ally.

Also, Trump really seems to really like John. Kept complimenting him during the boardroom. I would think he would have to really screw up to be fired. And I think he could have said what he said and still not been fired.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Anyone that lacks the common sense to know that sitting in a boardroom where you are basically fighting to stay around is probably not the best place to start dropping 'F' bombs deserves to get his walking papers.

Plenty of people demonstrated just how unstable they are last night. The lady in charge of the budget just didn't seem to understand that you can use your indoor voice when customers are around. The customer relations lady who just grabbed her suitcase and started walking, what the hell was that? And the fact that she wouldn't even acknowledge Trump's assistant? And finally that one guy who just exploded in the board room about how he is a leader when it comes to property renovation, not a hands on guy? Where did all that come from? I didn't see him during the entire episode only to watch him go nuts at the end.

It was great how Trump fired that guy, though. Not even a need for smaller meeting, just dropped the hammer.

And it looks like next week someone really does quit
, wonder if it will be the same lady that walked around aimlessly?

Brian-W

Screenwriter
what a great trainwreck -

- The black girl who went mental with Carolyn (at least the camera portrayed her to be mental, not answering her, etc.)

- Brian offering to be fired in the first 30 seconds of the boardroom

- The girls fighting (SHUT THE F* UP!) was funny

- Both places a total dump

- Shear chaos

And I can't wait to see who quits.....

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I gotta say, I like it much more than Season 2. The women are less attractive, but the tasks are more interesting.

There was way too much cattiness in the fighting in S2. Not the fighting is much more vicious, but it's at least part of the struggle for power.

These people may not be as bright, but they're bloodthirsty. I thought I'd give S3 a pass, but I'm digging it.

And I agree- John's the man. No one else seems to come close to him yet.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Oh man, am I diggin' this new season! As much as the 3-hour finale of last season was a terrible idea, the 90-minute regular episodes are a brilliant idea. (Anyone know if that's permanent, or just for the first couple of weeks?) The one-hour episodes always cut either the project or the boardroom too short. And these candidates are loony!!! My only worry is that the Magna folks seem to get along too well. Skinny Michael Moore needs to go! (Although I do give him props for the brilliant "we're meeting at the pool at 8" ploy.)

I believe he was on very briefly in the beginning, mentioning that he had some experience renovating stuff.

Season 2 was especially disappointing since I was looking forward to seeing someone I know on TV (Bradford), and he got canned in the second episode.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

"Will and Grace" is back at 8:30 starting Next Thurs. So the Apprentice will be back to just one hour.

What bugged me is the black woman walking out and Carolyn, who is a pit bull in the boardroom just coddled her back into the game. And then all Trump says was something merely like "You were under some pressure, huh?" I would have thought that Trump would find that walkoff to be grounds for an instant firing. He always says "If you were running one of my companies........" Wouldn't he immediately want to get rid of someone who walked out on a challenge and her team?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

He'll get to the point of firing someone on the winning team eventually. I'm sure of it. Just not yet, I guess. :)

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

I agree she should have been gone and not put up as a "comeback". It's only the second week and she cracks? Not someone I'd want around even as a direct report much less CEO.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I agree that John is probably the strongest player, at least so far. Both teams are kind of weak, no superstars. Kind of makes it interesting though I think. The big mouth definitely deserved to go. He was warming up for it last week with his viking hat "negotiation". He refused to make a budget, though he denied that later. Then he replaces all the toilets because he negotiated such a great price on them. Then he had no money for new carpet. Anyone who has smelled moldy carpet knows that the carpet should have been replaced instead of the toilets. You'll only see the rusty toilet a couple of times during your stay, but you'll smell that musty carpet the whole time. His team didn't even have the sense to take the plastic off the mattresses. Loud mouth said that Trump lost a great negotiator. I think he basically negotiated his way out of the game. He was a disaster.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I missed the beginning so could somebody tell me who quit?

That has to be the dumbest bunch of Book Smarts college graduates I've ever seen, certainly the weakest bunch of candidates from any of the shows.

Just give me Carolyn.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
Stacy,verna quit. no surprise really

As for the boardroom, all the sudden Trump has to play by the rules? He's usually constantly changing things as they go.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Is it any surprise? Anyone who watches this show should be able to see that Trump is as big of flip-flopper as they come.

The black woman who walked of the project last week should have been automatically fired, but Trump lets her off with an almost sympathetic statement about her feeling
"pressure" or something like that.

And about chastising Danny about letting his team vote about what they wanted to do and it is a reflection on him not showing leadership.....If he did not do a vote and they still lost, he would have said something like "You went ahead on your own without working with your team"

I don't think he has ever listened to George either. No wonder he wanted to scale back his participation this season.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, Aprentice 4 will not be Trump at all.. but Martha Stuart, according to sources.. could be interesting ;)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Nope, that's a spin-off...there are going to be TWO Apprentice seasons this fall (one with Donald, one with Martha). As if this show hasn't been overkilled already...

So glad Verna quit. As of last week, I officially couldn't stand her.

I was angry that Danny was fired--not that he didn't deserve it but Michael abused the exemption and did next to nothing. As someone said, it wouldn't have been the first time Trump bent the rules, and the preview for next week indicates that he does again.

Since the commercial they have to make is for body lotion, I'm guessing one team uses nudity which prompts Carolyn to be disgusted and Trump to be offended...

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
They are doing open calls now for both Apprentice's, so if you audition for one, you basically are auditioning for both.

They start tomorrow in various cities and continue throughout the month. http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentice_3/open_call.shtml

I think if it was anyone other than Danny as the project manager, Trump probably would have bent his own rules and fired Michael. But I'm sure he will be gone soon enough anyway. That whole team is a disaster.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Danny was living in his own little world as well, the "hippie-sensitive" vibe ain't gonna play in the Donald's world. His song at the end also showed why he was not objective enough to understand why his indecision cost him his spot in the interview process.

Building consensus is one thing, but when it's time, you either do the two, or get off the toilet.

If I were Team Magna, I'd put Michael back in charge (I think, based on the previews, it might be the case), and tank the task to get his butt canned. The Donald's reaction probably speaks volume on the "idea" that loses. :)

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

No it wouldn't, but Trump has only fired one person with exemtion so far, the guy that voluntarily gave it up at the beginning of last season. I don't think he would bend that rule so easily because it is one of the things he mentions after every win. It would almost be like firing someone from the winning team, which everyone wanted last week when Verna walked out. Don't think it will happen.

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Anyone else feel like the show was really rushed for the one hour time slot? I didn't really get any sense of what the teams were planning on doing, and then they had these big productions. An hour and a half would be a better time for the show. Lets you know what is going on more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks