What's new

Apple TV continues to add new streaming services (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Apple’s TV line-up continues to expand in scope. Apple has added five more apps to its Web TV box, including content from Disney, the Weather Channel and Vevo.

Some of the apps are free, and offer on-demand programming to anyone with an Internet connection. Two apps from Disney — Disney Channel and Disney XD — also provide live “linear” programming, but only to pay TV subscribers whose providers have a deal with Disney.

This is the second time Apple TV has added content. In June, Apple added high-profile apps from ESPN and HBO, along with a few others.

Is this a sag-way into what ultimately could be the Apple HDTV?

Anyone that has Apple TV use the new content?

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
I used Vevo for almost 2 hours last night. It was a nostalgia thing. I went back to see how many old music videos from my youth were available and I was shocked to find that I added over sixty videos on my playlists. My wife and I had a ball with Vevo last night.

Also set up Weather Channel as well. Really wanted to use the Disney apps but Time Warner isn't listed as a cable provider yet. I kind of really need Time Warner and Disney to get together on that one because I have kids and I'd rather use Apple's UI on the Apple TV than the damn cable box.

Pawl

Stunt Coordinator
I use HBO to Go, The Weather Channel, and The Disney Channel. I wish they would add Redbox to the line-up.

P

Patrick Donahue

I just want them to add anything that would allow me to watch my UV collection on my Apple TV. I prefer to buy digitally via UV, but I prefer Apple Interface over other devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks