What's new

Apple iPhone 3G S Discussion (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Amen! The screen gets less fingerprints, and those it does get wipe off very easily. The 3GS case I got came with a screen protector, but I didn't install it. Not worth the hassle, IMO.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what's more amazing, that it actually worked (assuming he didn't make it all up) or that it took him less than a week to lose his iPhone.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK

A guy at work last year lost his iPhone, got it back amazingly enough (because of a "call for reward" sticker on it) and celebrated his good fortune by losing it for good a week later. :rolleyes

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sam,

Thanks for all the cool links you provided. Been looking over the
stuff this morning.

I wouldn't say that the new iPhone screen is fingerprint resistant.
There are plenty smudges on my phone already. I would say it
is more resistant than the 3G and certainly is easier to clean.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'll put a picture up tonight of my gen 1 ipod touch and my iphone 3gs, they are oceans different. It's not perfect but its enough to give me a big goofy smile.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Anyone got input on good car charging docks? I would buy the TomTom one if they would just A. deliver it and B. not price it ridiculously.... I need something to charge in the car till then tho...

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK

When my old Belkin car charger for my first gen iPhone broke, I bought the cheapest charger I could find at the Apple Store, which was made by XtremeMac. I realize it isn't a dock, but it's been great. Have used it for all three iPhone models now with no problems.

I will say since I started using the 3GS, the battery doesn't seem to charge as rapidly as it did with the 3G. I'm willing to give that a pass though since I get more juice out of the 3GS battery.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

so you were able to switch the new sim with the old sim and nothing else had to be changed?

as I mentioned before, my old iphone goes to Mrs D, i get new iphone
we switch sim cards and all is right in the world?

I hope to get a 3Gs thursday.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Before going on a car trip many years ago, soon after I had bought my 2nd gen iPod I got this amazing kit for $50, which included EVERY conceivable thing you could have wanted at the time (and all the cables were great quality): cassette adaptor (audio out), charger (lighter), every conceivable adaptor cable -- to RCA, to minijack stereo, male, female, extensions... If someone were to out an equivalently full service kit for the iPhone I would be ecstatic, but that was a once in a lifetime event...

I mourned the switch from standard Firewire to USB as that killed the cassette and the charger for future gen iPods... Though come to think of it my old (20GB!!! -- that was $499 at the time, boys and girls) iPod is still fully functional --that thing is totally indestructible. I can bring it for my next car trip -- too bad cassette radios are gone from rental cars -- or are they?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
for the new screen, fingerprints aren't an issue for me, I'll still put a
screen cover on there to keep minor scratches and accidental umps from
damaging the screen.

also I'm deciding if i want to go to best buy for their comprehensive
warranty service or go with an outside warranter(is that a word?)

I found this on a mac board.

https://www.squaretrade.com/pages/

looks like accidental coverage, 2 years for $120.

any thoughts?

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
While that is true, I've noticed that more and more cars have a front aux input, so all you need is a 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable and you're all set. I also prefer to use a little dock adapter with stereo lineout to get the unmodified sound from the device and have the car stereo control the volume, and not the headphone jack controls.

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks