What's new

Apple iPad buyers / Owners thread (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just thinking about the potential Apple iPad OS computer revolution theory + the possibility of Apple porting their Pro Apps. I would love to be able to edit/scrub music, or scroll to different parts of the mix/edit screen, on Logic Pro on a large touchscreen iMac instead of having to use the mouse. Just got all giddy...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I wonder if you'll be able to print from an iPad? My inkjet is connected to my AEBS, and is seen wirelessly by my laptop. Since I'm a revision or two away from buying an iPad, this is not a pressing concern. And if it can't print today, it might get that ability in a year or two.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is it known whether the iBook store follows the same rule as iTunes and AppStore, for sharing between five devices?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Posten

http://www.uxmag.com/technology/toward-a-better-tablet-os-part-1
http://www.uxmag.com/technology/toward-a-better-tablet-os-part-2
Why do those articles have little padlock / block icons sprinkled randomly throughout the text? Rather distracting.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveF

Is it known whether the iBook store follows the same rule as iTunes and AppStore, for sharing between five devices?
They haven't discussed DRM. But keep in mind it was never 5 devices. It was 5 Macs/PCs + an unlimited number of iPods synched to one of the 5 PCs.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by DaveF

Quote:

Why do those articles have little padlock / block icons sprinkled randomly throughout the text? Rather distracting.

they open a link that goes to articles on the word after the icon/padlock.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If only there was some long-established way to indicate a link that didn't require sprinkling text-like blobs through the document [/url]

Quote:

They haven't discussed DRM. But keep in mind it was never 5 devices. It was 5 Macs/PCs + an unlimited number of iPods synched to one of the 5 PCs.
I didn't realize that nuance. I assume that the book store will follow the same rules. Having material locked to a specific iPad would be terrible, especially for newspaper and magazine subscriptions.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
You must have an add on that is doing that.

Mossberg, Carr and Arrington weigh in via a 20 minute interview on Charlie Rose:
http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/02/06/walt-mossberg-david-carr-and-michael-arrington-talk-ipad-with-charlie-rose/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No, that image is exactly what I see. And I don't have an add-on for that type of nonsense. You must have an add-on that eliminates such things :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by Ted Todorov

Posited the DynaBook (in the late '70's/early '80's?), which the iPad basically is.
Still don't know but I appreciate it anyway.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Toned

No that is not irony.

If I had money to burn I would buy a first generation model, it looks nice but it simply is not a must have since it doesn't really fill any needs I have. I'll probably get one in a couple of generations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks