What's new

Apple Cinema HD Display? (1 Viewer)

Estevan

Stunt Coordinator
NOTE: i've cross-posted this in the "Display Devices (TVs/Projectors)" forum, as it seems that the topic applies equally to both forums; however, if the moderators feel this cross-posting to be redundant, please accept my apologies feel free to delete it.

is anyone using this as a primary display? i realize it is a bit pricey considering it is only 23", but, believe it or not, that size will fit my immediate needs much better than my current display (Unity Motion UHD-3200). i'm in the process of finishing up my Ph.D. and am going to be doing a post-doc for the next two years; as a result, moving my current system twice is going to be cost-prohibitive (at least once cross-country!), so i'm going to try to sell it off and downsize to a smaller, more portable system (a two-channel system with a smaller display like the Apple Cinema HD). i was thinking i'd use the display in combo with a DVDO iScan Ultra, connecting it to the display via the Apple DVi to ADC adapter, this way i can use set-top sources (ReplayTV and progressive-scan DVD player) as well as computer sources... if anyone has experience with this unit, or is using a similar setup, i'd be interested in hearing your opinions about it.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The pixel speeds on the Apple displays is notoriously bad. There are many better LCD monitors out there, probably cheaper-- and you can just throw a TV tuner card in your PC and use the PC for all duties (I do this for my bedroom - TV, DVD and Alarm Clock functions all integrated into a bedside PC).

-V

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I just got my 23" HD Display last Thursday and it is SUPER SWEET!

Definitely one of the best monitors I have ever used. It is so clear and bright that when I switch over to my 19" Trinitron Dell monitor on my PC, it looks as though I am wearing sunglasses.

Seriously. Truly Amazing! :emoji_thumbsup:

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
They switched panels in February (without announcing it). The new panels are FAR better. 25MS total average response time instead of 40ms. Brighter, better contrast, and more even colors.

If I didn't get a Samsung 24.1" widescreen TFT, I would have grabbed one of those apple ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks