What's new

Apocalypse Now... With Wine? (1 Viewer)

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this in the Studio Store on the American Zoetrope website....
Link Removed
It suprises me that people buy stuff like that. However, they do sell great cigars on there.
Now, instead of releasing crap like this, how about releasing a Special Edition of Apocalyspe Now Redux...

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
You can't get to it from that URL. Apparently, it references a cookie on your system that we don't have. However, you can see it here.
-greg

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
mmmmm, I actually like Niebaum-Coppola Diamond series. I had the Sauvingon and the Claret, but it was a few years back. Back then the Claret was good, but the Sauvingon was great. Had that in a restaurant but could never find it for retail sale. :frowning:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Too bad you live in Texas, a "wine shipping ban" state, or you could just order it from www.thewineclub.com . It boggles my mind why states would go to the effort to ban the interstate commerce of a legal substance like wine.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
a "wine shipping ban" state
Virginia, another such state, just had this law struck down by a federal judge as unconstitutional. As a side note, other portions of the law that are now gone pertained to the ability of the state's ABC board to do business. :eek:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Sounds like the judge is wrong. The XXI Amendment, which repealed Prohibition, was a hard sale to certain states at ratification. So they added section 2: "The transportation or importation into any State, Territory, or possession of the United States for delivery or use therein of intoxicting liquors, in violation of the laws thereof, is hereby prohibited." This basically says state law preempts federal law for this narrow issue, and prevents Congress from acting since the "commerce clause" cannot apply. However it hasn't stopped Congress...where's the Supreme Court in action? :frowning:

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Well, there is a stay on the order in place, while the Virginia ABC board appeals the ruling.
Do a search here for news articles that discuss it, (search=wine, law, judge) but unfortunately you have to pay to view the articles.:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks