What's new

AOTC & LOTR:EE/SE store price reports (threads merged) (1 Viewer)

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
With the CompUSA thing for "Harry Potter," I just pricematched at my VERY nearby Blockbuster. I hope I can do that again this time around. If not, it's arguin' time at BestBuy or Circuit City.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I tried to price match for Harry Potter with the $9.99 price at Blockbuster and they accepted... but all copies for sale were the PAN AND SCAN version :frowning::thumbsdown:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I tried Blockbuster and they almost accepted, but right at the end the manager said basically the same thing Best Buy did, that they were selling it for 14.99 with a 5.00 instant COMPusa rebate, so that did not qualify for price matching. (The figures above may be off, but it was something like that).

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
It is a national deal, trouble is it's not a print ad that I'm talking about, it's a radio ad, so it's not like you can bring it in to another store for a match. The reason I'm not naming the retailer is because although we have the ad scheduled to air this week, it hasn't played yet, and until it does, I don't want to broadcast it for them -- they may pull it at the last minute, you never know. But it's in our national network inventory... our stations all over the country get the same stuff. What I can say is that it's 9.99, 1 per customer, no rainchecks, through Nov. 20th, while supplies last. So there you go... if they get small shipments, you're out of luck. And I have no idea if the store in question stocks widescreen as a rule. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be the MAR version.:thumbsdown: As for me, I'm an OAR kid.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Chris, someone else mentioned it in the thread, and it's all over the net already, so I don't think it does any harm to repeat we're talking about Toys R Us.

I would guess most of their DVDs are P&S, hard to say. Even if they get equal numbers of P&S and widescreen, the widescreen ones always go first. So much for the studios knowing what the people want.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
A post over at AVS is saying that Toys-R-Us has the DVD listed on their front page (ad comes out Sunday, someone got it early) and it is listed for $9.99 your choice DVD or VHS.
Peace Out~:D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
there is a link at dvdtalk.com that is discussing this and someone posted a pick of the add. and it does look like a real add. it is supposed to be this sundays add. so we'll find out this sunday.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I never get up before noon (work second shift) but this is my most anticipated DVD ever. I'll be at Toys R' Us when they open on 11-12.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
Is it true that Toys R Us is going to have STAR WARS: Episode II -Attack of the Clones- on DVD for $9.99 on 11/12?

Brian E

Screenwriter
Gabriel, early ad postings like that aren't allowed here. See the top thread in this section.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
HOLY CRAP!
I can't believe that! I am so gonna have to get up early and run over there that day!
THNKS ALOT :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
What's with Target and Best Buy for AOTC DVD. BB ad says 'hot price', Target ad says 'low price'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks