What's new

AOL-SWAT episodes (1 Viewer)

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I really don't understand this so maybe someone can explain the logic to me. I am one of the people who is really waiting for Sony to put out season 2 of SWAT, which at this point doesn't look like it will ever happen.

So why is it that I can go over to that AOL tv thing and watch most of the second season of SWAT for free on my computer. Why would Sony make it where AOL can show the episodes for free but they won't put them out on dvd for us to buy? Now I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth because I will watch them anyway I can but I would much rather own them so I could watch them on tv whenever I wanted to.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
You should probably be applauding this instead of condemning it. This is a way for them to test the waters with the show. If they've gone to the trouble to digitize the show for AOL TV that means it is an easy step to put them on DVD.

The New Adventures of Batman was put on DVD after a year or so of being on AOL TV. Cross your fingers and watch the SWAT from as many different computers as you can.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Okay see I think I mentioned in my post that I wasn't looking a gift horse in the mouth, that means I am not condeming it, I am just trying to understand it. I would also watch it more this way but it only seems to work for about an hour a day. The rest of the time their system is broken and it makes it even more frustrating. I have put the word out to my friends who also want this show to go over there and watch it but they have the same problems with it I do.

But thanks for letting me know that a show you know about when to dvd after this process.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

I also think that Superboy was on AOL TV before it went to DVD.

AOL TV has advertisements...so even though it is free for you to watch, the company makes money from it. Therefore putting a show on AOL TV before DVD is simply a way for them to make more money off of a show since they went to the trouble to digitize it.

Since the show is on AOL TV, I think that means the odds of it coming to DVD are good.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
So it sounds like if they've gone through the trouble to digitalize it, we'll get it on DVD eventually.

When that day comes, it looks like I might want to pick up both season sets. I haven't seen the show since I was a little kid so I don't remember any of it, but I do remember I was a fan. Me and my brother both got the toy SWAT M-16's for Christmas one year. Lucky for my brother, he still has his.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks