What's new

Anyway to get replacement dvd something just opened but is few years old? (1 Viewer)

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Grrr..So mad.. I just opened X-files Season 3 Box Set few hours ago and everytime just moments at end of Paperclip where scully is sitting in hospital in empty room it stops and gives disc error message on all dvd players. I been watching this series at my own pace, obviously since I got it when was released and only just opened it and played it now. Disc looks kind of funny at end of it like spotch pattern.
Any way to contact fox home video or whatever manufacter is and get replacement disc of Season 3 Disc 1?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Just take it back to the store where you bought it. If you're swapping out a defective set for the same title, most don't require a receipt-- so they don't know if you bought it last week or last year.

I have returned defective DVDs to Best Buy for same title swaps without a receipt a dozen times- no questions asked. As long as they still have season 3 sets on the shelf- they should have no problem exchanging.

-V

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Vince, I tried to do the same thing at Best Buy (which I have done on many occasions...) except it was a set that I bought three weeks prior to then.

They flat out refused to exchange the defective set without a receipt.

I sent a latter snail mail to both the store manager and the customer service department.

The customer service department sent back a letter saying that the store was right, because I had waited longer than the 30 day return policy.

???

I haven't gotten another letter back yet from the one I sent back to them.

Jimmy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks