What's new

Anyway to get a replacement Disc 3 FTETTM (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Hello,
This weekend I was watching this mini-series for only the 2nd time, and I found my Disc 3 to have become FUBAR. No visible scratchs, won't play on either of 2 DVD players; severe pixilation and lockup.

Of course I have no receipt, as it was a gift from a couple of years ago. I sent an e-mail to HBO but no reply yet.

Man I really hate the thought of buying a whole new set. I'm beginning to be turned off by box-sets in general.

Julian Reville

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Sorry, thought I put the full title in the message, but I guess I had a mental lapse. Yes, MichaelAW got it right.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I am having the exact same problem with disc three. When I played the set for the first time, it worked perfectly. Now when I insert disc three into my Sony 7700 the player reports "No Disc"! When I put the disc into the DVD-ROM of both my computers my computer crashes. I find this odd.

Also expisode three (Apollo 7) on disc one starts at chapter 2. I am assuming that the the first two episodes are on the first layer and the second two on the second. Again, all worked wonderful the first few times I watched it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
FTETTM is notorious for rotting. It was made around the same time as Contact, at the same place (WAMO) which is another notorious rotter. They had defective glues or something

Thankfully, my copy is OK (knock on wood)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
No luck at emerchadize.com which is where the HBO website sent me: nice lady, but since I didn't buy from her company, ISOL. She gave me a customer service number (1-212-517-1208) for HBO, which has a busy signal for 5 straight days; I think there may be a problem here.

Anyone have another WB or HBO number to try?

Julian

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
the WB consumer line number is 1-818-954-6429. Not sure if they will be of any help but worth a shot.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I sent an email to HBO complaining of my problem with disc 3 and sent them a link to this thread. Lets see what happens. On a lighter side, I had a problem with Criterion's "The Rock" and they provided excellent feedback and service.

Len Berkoski

Stunt Coordinator
Resurrecting an old thread ... I've got problems on my disc 1. Did anyone ever have success on this front?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks