What's new

Anything beat the JVC DS-TP350 for the price? (1 Viewer)

Dave Dugan

Stunt Coordinator
I bought and am quite happy with the DS-TP350 that I'd seen recommended here. It meets the needs of our small bedroom home theater perfectly.
I'm now in the market for an additional, similar system. Has anything come out since that beats the performance, features, and all-around sound quality of this system, but is in the same price range? Brand loyalty is not a big issue, as long as whatever I get sounds good and won't fall apart.
It looks like I can get another DS-TP350 for around $350 shipped, and I'd rather not go over $400.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Dave

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Sony has one that I use, it can be had for around $400 and shares a lot of the same features of DS-TP350 except that the subwoofer is 50 Watts and it doesn't have S-Video. Otherwise it is a great system for a small room. Hope this helps.
-Keith-

Dave Dugan

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, how about this: How do Kenwood HTBs stack up to the JVC as far as sound quality, features, etc.?
-Dave

Dave Dugan

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I just realized something. What I have is the DS-TP230, not the DS-TP350...
The question still stands, though.
What is the best-sounding, most fully-featured home theater in-a-box available right now for $300-$400?
-Dave

Nick_Scott

Second Unit
I was also looking for a nice $300-$400 system. I looked at the JVC DS-TP350, which has replaced the older JVC DS-TP230/330. There are some differences. The receiver has been replaced (6008VBK to a 6018VBK). The 'new' receiver no longer has S_video in/outs, speaker A/B switch, and has a much smaller display.
I found one online at www.shopsunshine.com for $316 shipped, which is pretty good. They are also on sale at Circuit city for $350.
I also looked at the Sony HTD-DW830, Pioneer HTP-210, and Kenwood HTB-204. They all sounded pretty good, except for the Kenwood, but not as good as the JVC.
In the end, I bought the JVC DS-TP450 at bestbuy for $399. Same receiver as the TP350, but has a larger speaker/subwoofer system.
It sounds fantastic with my DTS DVDs, but I can see where my upgrade path would be limited.
There is a couple of TP350, and TP450s on ebay right now.
------------------

Dave Dugan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply.
I guess I'll be going with another JVC. It's not that I have anything against the JVCs, but I just wanted to make sure they're still my best bet...
Unless I hear from someone else, I'll just get the DS-TP350.
Thanks again for the feedback.
-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks