What's new

Anything about the future of Stargate's future winds up as DVDs of Stargate's past. (1 Viewer)

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
Anything about Stargate's future winds up as DVDs of Stargate's past. Too bad the subject heading can't be edited.

A note to the owners: If you want to merge this post with the other one, please make the, "Subject," of this post, the official subject.

I would like an entire season where the NID get control of the Stargate.

There still could be off world adventures, but Kinsey would have control of the Stargate.

Katherine_K

Second Unit
Well, there are a number of problems with this:

First:
Kinsey was forced to resign as Vice President of the United States, and than was Goa'ulded. That rather kills any chance of him gaining control of the Stargate.

Second:
If you follow the Stargate forums (Gateworld.net is the best I know of), most of the vocal fanbase believe that the Rogue NID angle has played itself out. As it is season nine of that francise will bare little or no resemblence to the first eight seasons.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
I only watch the DVDs, which means I have not seen season 8 yet.

The NID helps keep the Stargate series dark. That is why I like them.

I read the spoiler, I did not know about Kinsey being Goa'ulded.

I like to stay away from Gateworld. It spoils too much.

I have not yet started Atlantis. I will buy the pilot DVD soon.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

It also keeps the show on budget as these eps have less FX/makeup/costume costs. Personally, I prefer the offworld episodes and just about anything involving the Asgard. I could do without the NID stuff... Kinsey especially annoys me.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Joshua, I agree. The best episodes have always been off-world, where we see Gou'ald of varying mythology or societies of varying periods from Earth history. Also, full team interaction is always much better than shows that focus on one team member.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks