Anyone watch Andreas Viestad`s show New Scandinavian Cooking?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Gary->dee, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Gary->dee

Gary->dee Screenwriter

Feb 14, 2003
    I try to catch it every Saturday here in the U.S. I like his cute little accent and the way he sets up his cooking area any where he is at the moment. I also like the beautiful Norway scenery he shows us as he`s cooking. It makes me want to go see Norway. One thing I notice though is that he cooks with a lot of butter and salt. That can't be good for you. Oh and he loves his dill! Just about cooks everything with that stuff.

Great show! =)

Here`s the link to the official site:
  2. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Feb 22, 2001
    Actually I just caught this show last week as I was flipping through channels. I'm a big fan of Marcus Samuelson's cooking at Aquavit in New York (when I can rarely afford it) so I want to learn more about Scandinavian cooking. I'll make a point of catching it in the future. The show seems to be sponsored by every herring company in Scandinavia! It's a little weird and I don't know how to get some of the ingredients but I figure maybe I can learn a few techniques. Thanks for telling me what I was watching.