What's new

Anyone want to quit smoking with me? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
I'm with you on quitting tonight Rain. I've got 9 left in my current pack and when they're gone that's it.
God this is going to be tough, but I know I can do it. Sorry, I had to give myself a little pep talk there for a minute. :)
Hey Eric,
Are you with us? Then again if I was talking with Count Christou all the time I'd be so stressed I'd be firing up a pack at a time.
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Hi, guys.
Well, I'm leaving work now, so that means that in about 5 minutes I will smoke my final cigarette.
No regrets, no suffering, no looking back. Here's to a healthier, wealthier tobacco-free future:
smiley_beertoast.gif

Good luck to all who are with me! Don't give up guys.
I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to post an update and to see how everyone is doing.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
Any smokers who want to accept the challenge of joining me in quitting? If so, click here
[Edited last by Rain on November 02, 2001 at 06:52 PM]

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
don't think of quitting as giving something up, but rather as gaining something wonderful
That is a great way to look at kicking the habit. Good luck Rain, and everybody else that is quitting.
You guys are going to have some extra cash for the holidays! Your family and friends will get better presents, and you guys can buy more DVD's. :)
------------------
rickyhustle.com

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Just quitting for 2 or 3 days gives you enough cash to buy a DVD!!
If I'm not going to smoke I will have to be rewarded with a couple new DVD's per week! :)
Well Rain, where are you? Are you sleeping off a hangover?
Don't be smoking!! Let us know how it's going!
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well Rain, where are you? Are you sleeping off a hangover?
Well, as a matter of fact, I was.
biggrin.gif

Ok, so here's what happened so far:
- I postponed my quit time by a couple hours last night, but I did spend the majority of last night's drink-fest smoke free...from about 8pm until 12:30am when I went home.
- I cheated and had one this morning. I felt like shit this morning. I feel like a loser now for having had one.
However, since then it has been smooth sailing. I don't have any and I'm not buying any.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

Any smokers who want to accept the challenge of joining me in quitting? If so, click here

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
OK Rain, we'll let that slide :)
But you are our shining example for us for Monday, so keep up the good work!
------------------
Sean

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Hi again, guys.
Well, I must confess, I'm not doing very well so far. I'm definitely smoking less, but that ain't good enough.
I'm not giving in yet though.
This might sound like an excuse, but since I don't have a computer at home, I can't access this thread. I think when I have it up on my screen all day at work tomorrow, that will help.
Kevin, don't dwell if you've cheated, just keep at it, buddy.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
An admirable feat you are undertaking. Good luck, and persistence is the key, even in the face of a few slips.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Rain, did you buy cigs? or did you bum a couple?
Because of your inspiring thread me and my wife are quitting tommorrow, please be strong, we are nervous but tommorrow(Monday) morning is it.
WE ARE GOING FOR IT!!! Maybe we can help inspire you too.
I know you are not married, and I do not know the stresses of your life, but I can tell you that just raising a teen and a baby and bills, well you get the idea, even with lifes stresses we are REALLY going for it.
Cigarettes (nicotine) are considered by the ATF and the FDA as the most addictive drug PERIOD. More so than even Heroin, so I know we are up against a pretty strong foe here, but LETS DO IT!!
icon14.gif

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that FDA shit but just so you and everyone knows what we are up against.
Be strong Rain!!!
Tommorrow I am a non - smoker and can't wait to use the 15 bucks I will have saved by Wednesday and go get a new DVD
biggrin.gif

I am looking forward to smelling clean,having good breath and NOT looking stupid with a smoldering cancer stick hanging out of my mouth!!! :)
------------------
Sean

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Keep at it Kevin!!
Wheres Brad_W ? Are you still with us? Anyone else??
I've got 6 cigs left and that has to last me and the misses tonight and thats it!!!
------------------
Sean

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
2 left, 1 for me and 1 for the wife.
Here we go!!
eek.gif

------------------
Sean

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
OK that's it I'm/we are done! AHHHH! no more cigs
eek.gif

Well here's a little inspiration check Link Removed out!
Ok where's the support group?
------------------
Sean

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Any of you smokers or soon-to-be non-smokers drink alcohol?
If so, don't you think you should quit that as well?
Anyway, I'm 25..been smoking since I was 16 (and NO, had nothing to do with some silly camel) and I don't have the desire to quit. That's really the only way to quit, is to *truly* want to. If, deep down inside, you wanna continue smoking it doesn't matter what methods you take, you'll fail.
Naturally I know the *possible* consequences of smoking (not everyone gets cancer you know?) but....much like the late, great comedian Bill Hicks...I'm afraid that if I quit, I'll become one of those anti-smoking advocates who wish to impose moral laws on everyone, in other words "really fucking annoying". I see those people and I immediately think of a Gene Hackman line from "Heartbreakers";
*mumbling*
"....nazi...."
One of these years, smoking will just be banned period so I guess then I'll have no choice eh?
I just wish more time and money would be spent on an anti-alcohol agenda.
I mean when I or anyone else light up a cigarette....we won't be plowing into a busload of nuns on the highway or beating the wife/kids or just otherwise being an obnoxious, loudmouth fool who's willing to take a swing at anybody.
/rant off
------------------
Sign up for a "Return of the Living Dead" special edition DVD at the following URL!
http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/ROTLD.html

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Alcohol doesn't turn drinkers into obnoxious fools anymore than Joe Camel gives people cancer.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive had 10 smoke free days.
You guys can do it, the hardest thing is to break the HABIT.
Have a smoke when Im getting dressed in the morning, have a smoke while the car is warming up, have a smoke when I reach the Beacon Bridge, at the exit, 5 mintues to work, have one last smoke...and so on.
Heres something that helped me the first 2 days especially in the car. Pretend to smoke. I read this on a stop smoking webpage and thought it was the stupidest thing Id ever read, but I was Jonesing on the ride home and did this and as stupid as it sounds I felt better - just by going through the motions(remember this is a habit!) I pretended to light a cig, I took about 5 puffs from it and put it out, and I felt better-I felt like a idiot but whatever works.
Also dont fight the urge to eat-go ahead.Try to eat good stuff like raisins, fruit and such.If you have to eat crap you can always drop the weight.
Good Luck.
Michael, My desire to quit has to do with what they charge for cigarettes in NY state - $4.80 a pack. When I think about it , it makes me feel like a chump or a sucker to pay so much for cigarettes. NY is expensive and its hard enough to make ends meet here without spending $120 a month(my car insurance or 2 loan payments) on cigs.
There are exceptions(like if youre family cant afford to eat, you shouldnt be buying cigarettes),but I agree with you-you should quit because you want to.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung
[Edited last by JonZ on November 05, 2001 at 08:14 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508