What's new

Anyone Waiting for 'K-Pax' with Kevin Spacey? (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Saw a trailer yesterday for the upcoming movie K-Pax starring Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. Looks like Spacey's a psychiatric patient who believes he's an alien and Bridges is his psychiatrist. According to the Link Removed at IMDB, it's slated to open October 5th. This one must have really flown under the radar, as I knew nothing of it before the trailer. Looks to me like it might be a pretty damned good film. Anyone else have any info on it?
------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Rob_C

Stunt Coordinator
This is the first I've heard about this movie also. Sounds interesting.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Michael,
Was there some reason the thread header wasn't finished? Such as - Anyone Waiting For K-Pax? Just curious? :)
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Actually, the header I typed was "Anyone Waiting for 'K-Pax' with Kevin Spacey?" For some reason, when I hit the post button, it chopped off the end of the header. Since you're unable to edit thread headings, I was left with a "mystery post" and I didn't feel like cluttering things up with a duplicate.
wink.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
I had some passes to a Pre-Screener of this for last week, but I didn't have a chance to go see it...
I have heard nothing about this movie and the description about the movie made it sound very unusual (almost 12 Monkey-ish)
I'll have to take a look at the trailer and see how it looks in pictures vs. words...
--kyle

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Fixed header
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Two of my favorite actors (Spacey and Bridges), but the trailer didn't exactly get me excited to see it. I guess I'll wait to hear what the reviews have to say.
Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I heard about this a while back. From the plot description and the fact that Kevin Spacey was in it, I was pretty interested in seeing it. Now that I've seen the trailer, I'm very doubtful that I'll like this film. It looks like a retread of too many other movies. Yet another film that tries to make wonder of the normal world from the point of view of an "outsider". Starman meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. In 99' Spacey had become one of my favorite actors. My opinion of him is quickly slipping based on Pay it Forward and this trailer. Pay it Forward was another film with an intriguing plot, but it tried to force its message down your throat with the sublty of a coke-up gorilla. A perfect example for another thread going on about Audience Manipulation: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/007408.html
K-Pax looks like it should be on this list too.
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Silent Bob
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai
Optimus Prime Films

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
deleted. sorry.
------------------
My movies
HTF AFI Top 100 Challenge: 71 70 69 68 films remaining.
Next Up: The Sound of Music
The Price of freedom is eternal vigilance - Thomas Jefferson
[Edited last by Håkan Powers on August 17, 2001 at 05:21 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks