What's new

Anyone thoughts on the Hitachi PJTX100?? (1 Viewer)

Dan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of trading my Sony LCD XBR 60" for one of the Hitachi Front Projectors... any thoughts from the wise?

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I'm following the Hitachi myself. So far its looking promising but its not perfect. I may get one myself. So far they seem pretty good but have some vertical banding like the others, Sanyo Z2 and Panny PT500. I think its worth a try. They are fairly competively priced from the UK or from price japan. AVS has a thread on them.

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
It looks promising in it's published specs. It won't be available from Hitachi of Canada until the end of July. It's on my short list for my own purchase, based on price/specs, but I will reserve judgement until I can get one set up in the store and give it a thorough evaluation.

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
It's an awesome projector, some "screen door effect", but color and brightness are great. Awesome feature set too. The offset lens system is very cool.

Dan

Stunt Coordinator
I saw a demo for this projector yesterday. Not a bad little item. The pixel density is actually pretty good. There is still some "screen door" if you're really looking for it, but I was very surprised to see how good it looked. Spiderman (not exactly reference quality) was playing, but the image looked surprisingly film-like. Watched an HD feed and that's when the "screen" became noticeable in the lighter colors- but then again, I was really looking.

All in all, a pretty good little set up. Now I just have to get over getting rid of the bright and beautiful XBR...

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
With any projector that has screen door, you can defocus it very slightly and the screendoor will vanish. This works especially well on the higher resolution projectors, which require only a tiny very slight defocus to eliminate the screendoor while remaining as sharp as you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.