What's new

Anyone taking their chance on Ghost Ship this Weekend? (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Despite the negative reviews on this one, anyone going to rent/buy this one this weekend? It comes out today and I was thinking of at least renting it.

Anyone?

Later
Troy

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
The wife and I enjoy movies like this (it looked ok from the previews...) so we are definately going to rent.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for reminding me. It's Friday, there's popcorn to be popped, and why not add a Dark Castle release to the mix? I'm not expecting anything any better than a little gore and a few cheap jumps.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I'll have to watch this one on my own. If I make my girlfriend watch it, I'll have to promise to sit through one of her gawdawful Merchant-Ivory period soap operas. ;)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I think I'll give it a rental. :) My wife and I thought "13 Ghosts" had it's moments... so I'm sure we'll get a kick out of this. Even if it is just the opening scenes. :)

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, I picked it up this morning as well (rental). I'm not expecting much so who knows...

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I was going to rent it but the 12 or so copies were already gone by the time I got to the video store. I rented Below instead.

And before I get all the "You ended up with the better film" yada, yada - I was hoping for both. Kind of a terror on the water night. Plus, I'm a sucker for the "ocean liner adrift and abandoned" plotline.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I'm one of the 3 people that liked 13 Ghosts, so I bought this one in spite of all the bad reviews. I think of these as sorta the modern equivalent of all those American International horror flicks of the early 60s--decently produced B grade fun horror flicks. Maybe so bad their in a way funny.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Me and the wife settled in and spun this disc after tucking the little one in (6 yrs.old). My thoughts are definately a rental to at least appease your curiousity on this one if at all. But I wouldn't buy this one. What few scares there were, didn't do nothing for me. The sets were impressive as was the miniature ship used as the Ghost Ship. But that's about it. As far as the openining scene with everyone dancing, not bad. But the rest..... downer:thumbsdown:

Anyone else?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't that bad. Since I'm the type who rents the really low budget horror movies that hit the video shelves, GHOST SHIP was a refreshing change. Better than your typical not-too-bright-teens-in-danger movies.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Can't say I liked it or not... as I didn't rent it!

I went to my local Rogers this weekend (big chain in Canada...BB's competition) and not only were all the copies out, but they had it marked as their "number-5" most popular movie. :eek:

I'll try again later this week, methinks. :)

FredK

Second Unit
Barely a rental, not a buy. It doesn't even have the redeeming horror make-up (13 Ghosts) that helps most of these flicks be interesting.

Even my wife hated it, and she's the resident spooky movie nut. It's actually worse than Resident Evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks