Anyone subscribe to Netflix?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jesse Sharrow, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

I just signed up a little while ago. I should be getting my first ones soon. I think its an awsome idea. You can order songs that arnt even out on DVD yet.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Run a H for Netflix and you will come up with a lot of threads.

3. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

thnks

4. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Tried it once. They couldn't get anything straight and tried blaming me for DVD's they lost in the mail. Won't use em again.

I either buy or rent from Holywood.

5. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I use it all the time. I've got a large DVD collection, even by the standards of this forum, but more than half of the DVDs I view in any given week are rented from Netflix.

You may not remember the days before DVDs were so easily rented with such a wide variety of titles available, but I do! I like alot of non-mainstream flicks and if I wanted to see these on DVD in the early years, even if only once and certainly without assurance that I'd want to see it again, I had no choice but to purchase it. There were simply no options, even in a larger city like Boston.

Netflix started out with some growing pains, but they've become an excellent service (for me anyway). Perhaps it's because I'm so close to a distribution center, but I have a turnaround of 2-3 days (usually 2 days!). And while they occasionally fail to stock some movies I'm interested in renting, this happens far less often than in years past.

If you watch as many movies as I do, and especially if you like to take chances on movies you may not like, then Netflix is really the perfect sort of service. And if you watch movies frequently enough so that you can keep turning them around as soon as you get them, you can drive rental prices per movie down to nothing more than pocket change.

6. Tim Beebe

Tim Beebe Stunt Coordinator

Tim
    I've just started it and it seems awesome so far!

I've seen Underworld, Lost In Translation, and One Hour Photo. Pretty good movies. Ok, Underworld wasn't awesome, but the other two were pretty nice.

7. Tim Beebe

Tim Beebe Stunt Coordinator

Tim
    Oh! And I have Momento on the way, which is also supposed to be darn good.

8. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I have been with Netflix for about 5-6 years, since I got my first DVD player. I have NEVER had a mis-shipped title; one was lost in the mail (I never received it) and one arrived cracked and they took care of it immediately, no questions asked. Their selection is outstanding. And it's a great way to "test drive" a title before buying it!

9. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

I use it and have had no problems. But don't forget your local library. The selection is lousy, but the price is right. If your system is big enough, you can use the on-line sevice to order movies.

10. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

But run it in the Vendors forum, where I'm moving this thread.

The Movies forum is the wrong place for any discussions involving DVDs. Check out the forum descriptions.

M.