What's new

Anyone seen "ESSEX BOYS"? (1 Viewer)

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
I just watched this on DVD last night and I thought it was awesome. The acting and suspense was so far advanced of any Hollywood film I've seen in a long time it was unbelievable.
This DVD is definitely one worth checking out with Sean Bean (the bad guy from golden eye). Sean Bean does a terrific job in this movie and everytime he is on screen he just makes you nervous to watch him. He has just been let out from prison and goes on a rampage making up for lost time.
There is an interesting twist at the end but I won't spoil it for you.
Aaron

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I liked it, but it could have picked up the pace a bit. Spends too much time fretting on fringe characters and not really making you care about the leads. A good story and Alex Kingston is quite beautiful and the ending was well crafted. Overall, a good solid film, but probably won't bowl you over.
Essex Boys
star.gif
star.gif
half.gif

Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how I'd feel if I lived in America and had never been to England, but being a resident of the British Isles. I absolutely HATE this film. Filled with bad performances, repulsive story (based on real events) and characters and miserable atmosphere. Absolutely no filmmaking skill on display here. Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion, but if you want my opinion.... AVOID THIS FILM.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.